Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
are you gonna run it straight or mix it?...if you mix it @ 50/50, you dont have to be as careful about the carb or fuel lines...if you run it straight, you have to be careful of the fuel lines becomming rubbery/slimey inside!...E85 is very corrosive & will eat your fuel lines unless you drain them after every outing :) (fuel shut-offs from the tanks)...if it were me, i would run it 50/50 with 93 premium...just sayin' my .02 cents! :)

FastRat

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
change out the rubber lines your good to go, run it 100% and take full advantage of it's potential. no problems with corrosion that I have heard, several guys in the club, have been running it for a few years now, four blown, one turbo, and one N/A, all are loving it.

·
Village Idiot
3,481 Posts
I have yet to see any issues on any of the three engines I have built that run on strait E85 (which really isn't strait at all seeing that it is a mix of ethanol and gas). Unfortunately regular carbs and Alky carbs cannot work right on E85 without being converted. Both can be converted, but need to be done by a professional for it to work right. I would hate to see someone spend more cash than they need to.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts