Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the quarter mile consumption of methenol full throttle? then consumption for pleasure running? just cruising mead or the river? thanks. looks like 270 for a 55 gallon drum or 30 bucks for 5 gallons. I have tank options for the boat. SWTD.

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
What is the quarter mile consumption of methenol full throttle? then consumption for pleasure running? just cruising mead or the river? thanks. looks like 270 for a 55 gallon drum or 30 bucks for 5 gallons. I have tank options for the boat. SWTD.
One will use approximately two times the amount of fuel on methanol as compared to gasoline. The methanol air to fuel ratio is approximately 6:1 to 8:1 as compared to that of gasoline at 12:1 to 14:1.

·
i'm back!!
687 Posts
Remember as well its 2 times the use for the SAME HP level, and the alcohol motor usually makes more power so trust me you use a LOT for a weekend, typical use in my blown alky deal for 3 days was about 125 gallons sking ect....same deal on gas about 55 gallons. And remember that you should drain it dry every time as alky picks up water really quick sitting, double oil change frequency as well cause you will contaminate your oil on alky really fast,and it tends to corrode everything it touches. E85 would be the way to go if you have it in your area. Oh race use great fuel, pleasure use...ummm not as much

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3 weeks

HI TOM. not sure about 3 weeks but definatly next season. i will need seat time. lots of it. Getting all the stuff together to get Enderle system together. tired of carbs. Doing it once and for all so I can start the 540 build next year. Will make Ervine deal in October definatly. You Irvine?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pleasure

Remember as well its 2 times the use for the SAME HP level, and the alcohol motor usually makes more power so trust me you use a LOT for a weekend, typical use in my blown alky deal for 3 days was about 125 gallons sking ect....same deal on gas about 55 gallons. And remember that you should drain it dry every time as alky picks up water really quick sitting, double oil change frequency as well cause you will contaminate your oil on alky really fast,and it tends to corrode everything it touches. E85 would be the way to go if you have it in your area. Oh race use great fuel, pleasure use...ummm not as much
would really be running practice launches and short spurts more than anything. nothing like a mile full throttle run on river or lake.:happy:

·
It's a sickness
1,354 Posts
Your deal should use roughly 2 gal per pass from what I have seen for a non blown deal

·
Registered
709 Posts
Dude, get back to work, you got to much free time on your hands :)computer

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I ditto what qwikcp is saying. if you are running alky in a dual purpose boat the maintenance goes why high! For a week-end normally its okay but after the race or weekend better plan on draining every thing and running marvel oil thru all lines and the pump and the valves and the barrel valves and the nozzles! Reason being is that methanol alcohol absorbs moisture at a very rapid rate and the next thing you know you have jelly showing up everywhere. For me it is worth the extra work for the bang for the buck and the fuel cost! my 02. M

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Elsinore

I ditto what qwikcp is saying. if you are running alky in a dual purpose boat the maintenance goes why high! For a week-end normally its okay but after the race or weekend better plan on draining every thing and running marvel oil thru all lines and the pump and the valves and the barrel valves and the nozzles! Reason being is that methanol alcohol absorbs moisture at a very rapid rate and the next thing you know you have jelly showing up everywhere. For me it is worth the extra work for the bang for the buck and the fuel cost! my 02. M
Will PM you in a couple weeks to break in motor at the lake and check out plates. also we have a sea doo to tow to RUN SPOT:happy:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Will PM you in a couple weeks to break in motor at the lake and check out plates. also we have a sea doo to tow to RUN SPOT:happy:
That will be more than welcome. I don't know if my boat will be back together but I would be happy to meet you at the ramp. just let me know were and when. NOW I have reason to get my tub back together. It will need a test and tune day! M

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
okay

That will be more than welcome. I don't know if my boat will be back together but I would be happy to meet you at the ramp. just let me know were and when. NOW I have reason to get my tub back together. It will need a test and tune day! M
FIREBOAT 607 wanna come play too? You too TKRILEY13?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Spraying floor

Will be spraying the floor this weekend with Pres-tech and applying pinstripping also to floor. then polish rails and other goodies. motor will be in boat next week:happy: then hook up all equipt! maybe some powder coating parts too.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ouch!

WOW went to good vibration..... walked out the door with a small box of goodies for 704.00 today for enderle hat stuff! got the sfi flywheel. herbert did not have the gen 5 balancer so will order from Jegs tomorrow. monday will get 2 5 gallon cans of methenal from F&L fuel. da da da! get barrell valve beginning of week! the fire is lit on THE MISTRESS:wink2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts