Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
That was my train I rode daily.
Sad deal.
It's at the East side of the pass the 90 deg big curve Chatsworth side just before the tunnels.

News reporting 2 dead, but watching on TV the FD is sadly hauling more than that out.
First passenger car telescoped through the Metro locomotive.

Same train & line that the undocumented alien tried to commit suicide in front of killing 11.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
20 confirmed dead now and just confirmed 1 LAPD officer on board dead....possibly more as the night goes on....sad day....

·
Registered
810 Posts
ITS PROOF FIREMEN ARE OVER PAID !!... So numerous and so much standing around.
Yeah ,Yeah..... I know, NOT OVER PAID TIL YA NEED ONE...

U

·
0 Posts
ITS PROOF FIREMEN ARE OVER PAID !!... So numerous and so much standing around.
Yeah ,Yeah..... I know, NOT OVER PAID TIL YA NEED ONE...
Not sure what your point is :)sphss

Terrible tragedy. I agree these folks need our prayers

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
I just did a lap around Simi touching base here and there and checked to see if it was one of the several LEOS's I know.
So far no one I know except one LEO friend I haven't been able to contact.

He just got a promotion and started riding the 111 to make the extra traveling from the promotion pay.
Hope it's not him.

All the LEOS I know from either riding the 111 or already knew through community service that ride the 111 have interesting lives and histories and stories at the LAPD.

Hope I'm not going to be telling one at a funeral.

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
.......The deceased officer is a 35 year old female 7 year vet,.....and I believe from the North Hollywood Division.........I met a female Seargent From that division a couple weeks ago......I suppose it's pointless to hope its not her???.(confused?)........Condolances to the families of all who lost their lives .....and hope that the injured pull through,...this, most likely,.....avoidable tragedy.................

·
6,873 Posts
Very tragic incident.
I had just left the area and headed DT. I walked into the W/C office and all hell had broke loose. I spent the next seven hours coordinating EMS and families. Very heart wrenching.
BUT WHAT PAINS ME THE MOST
IS THE DAMN NEWS MEDIA
2 dead, 10 dead, 20 dead, 100's hurt.
At the time they said 20 dead it had only been confirmed TWO.
Anything to sell air time. These as/sclowns kill me, The poor families waiting for their loved ones bombarded with the DO YOU THINK THEY ARE ALIVE?
HAS THIS EVER CROSSED YOUR MIND?
GIVE ME A BREAK. YOU NEWS MEDIA PEOPLE ARE ASS'S TO THE 10th DEGREE
Those fireman, Sheriffs and cops that were on scene, had to deal with emotional trauma beyond belief.
My hearts go out to the families that lost loved ones and loved ones that were hurt.
GOD SPEED.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Very tragic incident.
I had just left the area and headed DT. I walked into the W/C office and all hell had broke loose. I spent the next seven hours coordinating EMS and families. Very heart wrenching.
BUT WHAT PAINS ME THE MOST
IS THE DAMN NEWS MEDIA
2 dead, 10 dead, 20 dead, 100's hurt.
At the time they said 20 dead it had only been confirmed TWO.
Anything to sell air time. These as/sclowns kill me, The poor families waiting for their loved ones bombarded with the DO YOU THINK THEY ARE ALIVE?
HAS THIS EVER CROSSED YOUR MIND?
GIVE ME A BREAK. YOU NEWS MEDIA PEOPLE ARE ASS'S TO THE 10th DEGREE
Those fireman, Sheriffs and cops that were on scene, had to deal with emotional trauma beyond belief.
My hearts go out to the families that lost loved ones and loved ones that were hurt.
GOD SPEED.
The media are just plain insensitive assbites Kilr I agree 100%. Whether it be a trajedy like this or the coverage of our troops and progress overseas, they are money whoring idiots when it comes to reporting the truth. The love to throw out body count numbers in any situation. I'm not quite sure what their obsession is with that. Why not just say it's been reported there have been some fatalities and many injured until you focking know what you're talking about. I will never get that concept. I remember watching the same damn thing when I was a kid with regard to their nightly coverage of the Vietnam War. Body count, body count, body count. WTF is wrong with these news program producers?

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Horribly tragic scene for sure.

Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Just looked at the LA Channel 4 web site. Wow that is a horrible crash scene.
Looks like the freight train engine went right through the double decker passenger car.

Prayers to those lost and their families. :(

Miguel thanks for your service....

Sleeper CP :(

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
My daughters friend missed that train by minutes at union station! she takes it every day to go to school F.I.D.M. You just never know, live every day as if its your last!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts