Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a Motorhome from them a couple weeks ago. Got what we wanted at the price we wanted, no issue with that. Traded in our toyhauler, owed some money on it, Metro was supposed to pay it off. At this point it may be too early to tell if there is a real problem. BUT, it doesn't look good. I'm not going to sling dirt, but I will say this, be very very careful if you do business with these people. I would say if you buy and the title is clean you're probably ok. If you trade, or rely on them to pay off another rv, watch out.

Legally I'm in a great position, but that doesn't mean my liability ends there.

Since I've never had this happen to me before, I'm treading new ground. Next time I will demand two checks, one for the new purchase and one to pay off the old one.

Bottom line, cover your ass everyway to Sunday. No one is going to do it for you. We're not talking catastrophic money, but enough to demand my attention thats for sure.

The days of doing business with a dealer to avoid the private party concerns and issues, is probably over.

·
About 500' AGL
2,471 Posts
At this point it may be too early to tell if there is a real problem. BUT, it doesn't look good. I'm not going to sling dirt, but I will say this, be very very careful if you do business with these people. If you trade, or rely on them to pay off another rv, watch out.
If it's too early to tell if there is a problem.....then why even post this???? Sure you might not be slinging dirt but it sure looks like you are slinging some dust. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's too early to tell if there is a problem.....then why even post this???? Sure you might not be slinging dirt but it sure looks like you are slinging some dust. ;)

it is nothing more than a word of caution, thats all. take it for what its worth.

when you're told "we would like to make a couple of months payments for you", it raises a concern. other things were also said and possibly done that will not be posted here.

technically by law they have 60 days, but that rarely happens and has never happened to me before.

·
Ex-Californian
437 Posts
There's GOT to be more to this than what your posting.. If they have 60 days to pay off the toy hualer and its only been a couple of weeks then whats there to bitch...

·
Registered
410 Posts
What happens when said dealer waits the entire 60 days to pay the note? Does the buyer get a 60 days past due ding on his credit because the dealer waited to pay it off?

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
I had this happen from the baja dealer in vegas, they went b.k. I had to make up all the back payments, ended up with two boats....

after that I learned my lesson .... never get a loan for a boat!!!

if you have to finance it .... foc it

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's GOT to be more to this than what your posting.. If they have 60 days to pay off the toy hualer and its only been a couple of weeks then whats there to bitch...
yes there is. like i said, word of caution nothing more at this point. Found out through a friend in the business that more and more RV dealers are not paying off trades until they sell the trade. 30-60-90 days or more. used to be your trade was paid off within 10 days (hence the 10 day payoff dealio). if it doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect you :)hand

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had this happen from the baja dealer in vegas, they went b.k. I had to make up all the back payments, ended up with two boats....

after that I learned my lesson .... never get a loan for a boat!!!

if you have to finance it .... foc it
depending on the amount, ideally i would agree. but cash works better making more cash, for me anyway.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What happens when said dealer waits the entire 60 days to pay the note? Does the buyer get a 60 days past due ding on his credit because the dealer waited to pay it off?
yes. or at least one 30 day late. contractually the buying dealer is liable for the agreed upon sale amount. so if the 10 day payoff is $10K, the buying dealer is responsible for that plus any late fees or additional interest from the day of the sale. seems some dealers don't mind paying an extra few hundred bucks if they can use your $10K for 2-3-4 months.

the other factor is you have a liability hanging out there in the wind. sure i filled out the release of liability form, but the buying dealer kept the form. at this point i do not know if it was mailed out, so i filled out another one and mailed it to the DMV. I also cancelled my insurance, which was a mistake. so if they burn the trailer to the ground more than likely i will be liable for it.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
depending on the amount, ideally i would agree. but cash works better making more cash, for me anyway.
yeah the guy that bought my 47 ford convertable was tell'n me that,

he said I was stupid for not having a mortage on my comercial building.

he said I should have that money work'n for me......

guess he went bankrupt when his money he had work'n went on vacation,

and all the notes came due!!!

but I guess now you cAN GET a bail out

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah the guy that bought my 47 ford convertable was tell'n me that,

he said I was stupid for not having a mortage on my comercial building.

he said I should have that money work'n for me......

guess he went bankrupt when his money he had work'n went on vacation,

and all the notes came due!!!

but I guess now you cAN GET a bail out
:)sphss

1 - 12 of 12 Posts