Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Watched someone recently starting a mfi deal and it has me wondering if there was a easier way than normal ole push button to prime and idle deal.someone tell me whatd be wrong with this idea:

Instead of the push button on a primer system, does the injection pump itself not make some pressure to the valve? Why not use a fuel pressure safety switch (hobbs) on the line from pump to valve and have it turn off the primer pump after some line pressure is achieved? Say start a timer with the starter instigator wire and have fuel pressure switch on line to valve shut it off so basically its idlen on primer system till its see barrel valve get pressure and shuts off primer. where is the flaw in that?

·
Registered
875 Posts
No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology. Tell him that nowadays if you don't have efi, turbos, or an LS you ain't got shit! Lol:)hand And you're only cool if you have all 3!!!

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
This would clearly exceed the one wire rule.:)grn

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology. Tell him that nowadays if you don't have efi, turbos, or an LS you ain't got shit! Lol:)hand And you're only cool if you have all 3!!!
Lol hey i see a better way and i just wanted it picked apart to see the error in my thot process.i take it from lack of response guys are super busy redoing their systems to prime my way rotflmao :) jk

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This would clearly exceed the one wire rule.:)grn
I wanna see you start,run and kill a engine with one wire lol i can count 4 you have to run and 5 if using alternator.
starter positive/block negative/mag kill/starter instigator circuit and of course alt

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology. Tell him that nowadays if you don't have efi, turbos, or an LS you ain't got shit! Lol!!!
What a great sig line !! :D

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
I wanna see you start,run and kill a engine with one wire lol i can count 4 you have to run and 5 if using alternator.
starter positive/block negative/mag kill/starter instigator circuit and of course alt
Sarcasm Chief, I'm with you!:happy: I ain't stupid and my stuff has more than one wire, and I ain't skeered!:))THumbsUp

·
Registered
875 Posts
No alternator with a mag. Just starter wires and ground. I'm a 3 wire operation (not counting the kill switch and gauges of course.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm no professional on this matter but it sounds like it could work the way you are thinking. But I don't see a need for it. It's just more wiring and more parts/sensors to fail or leak. It's really easy to just hit the primer button and fire the engine and continue to feed it until the pump takes over. That's how I do it on my mfi engine in my boat and it is rather simple and fires right away.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sarcasm Chief, I'm with you!:happy: I ain't stupid and my stuff has more than one wire, and I ain't skeered!:))THumbsUp
I knew what ya meant lol was messing with ya. it cld be a fully efi c.o.p. have 30 wires across intake and itd still seem like a gokart wiring job to me.i deal with combines and sprayers so alil wiring dont scare me as long as i put them there lol then im confident in the wiring.nothing against mags or mfi, i dig it all as long as it works easily.mag no question is easy but mfi kinda looks like a pain and was jus brainstorming a better way ;)

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
How about a coffee can with a petcock at the bottom ?
That doesn't have any wires at all. :)bulb

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
How about a coffee can with a petcock at the bottom ?
That doesn't have any wires at all. :)bulb
Wires? we don't need no stinking wires

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Watched someone recently starting a mfi deal and it has me wondering if there was a easier way than normal ole push button to prime and idle deal.someone tell me whatd be wrong with this idea:

Instead of the push button on a primer system, does the injection pump itself not make some pressure to the valve? Why not use a fuel pressure safety switch (hobbs) on the line from pump to valve and have it turn off the primer pump after some line pressure is achieved? Say start a timer with the starter instigator wire and have fuel pressure switch on line to valve shut it off so basically its idlen on primer system till its see barrel valve get pressure and shuts off primer. where is the flaw in that?
Just curious? What fuel are you using and why is there a problem?

·
Registered
875 Posts
There's no problem really. I still start my flat with a bottle so I don't have any extra wires, tanks, solenoids, buttons, etc to not work or clutter up my lake toy. Once in a while I get my head up my ass and have to crank 3-4 times before I get it primed. Not really a big deal but definitely could be easier. The question was just brought up by witnessing a little operator error. Oh, and it's on gas.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya gta work next sat brother? Me n ash gna hit tawokoni meet for a day

·
Registered
875 Posts
Ya gta work next sat brother? Me n ash gna hit tawokoni meet for a day
Yeah, it's the last PSCA shoot of the year and it's in Houston so I gotta be down there. If I can find a knowledgable person in Havasu to check a boat out for me we could play with a new boat. Anyone know a Havasu guru? Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts