Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have not heard Mike Fry was tragically killed at a drag boat race in Texas Sunday. I'd met Mike a couple times is all seems like a genuinely nice guy. Condolences to his family including his brother Jeff who I know is on this forum.

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
For those who have not heard Mike Fry was tragically killed at a drag boat race in Texas Sunday. I'd met Mike a couple times is all seems like a genuinely nice guy. Condolences to his family including his brother Jeff who I know is on this forum.
... I did not know him but watched him race many times...rest in peace Mr Fry...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Mike Fry

This was such sad news. Our heartfelt prayers go out to the Fry family (from the "other Frey family"). This will be a long story about how we met but...
It was 2002 in Bakersfield, and our first race ever. My wife Rena, my brother Jeff (who recently passed on), and I went to check in Friday evening at the nearby hotel. I'm nervous and walk up to the check in table (Ms. Vincenzio sp?). I say, "Hi, I'm Mike Frey, and I'm here to check in." She says, "You're not Mike Fry." Me: "Yes, I'm Mike Frey." Her: "No." Me: "Maam, I'm Mike Frey from Napa, I've signed up..." Her: "OMG, there's two of you?!!" We had a good laugh...
Ok so then I go and meet my brother, Jeff, and Rena in the bar/restaurant. This guy turns to my brother, and says, "Hi, I'm Jeff Fry." My brother Jeff says, "No way! I'm Jeff Frey!" We all laughed, then Jeff Fry says that he's the NJBA announcer and introduces his brother Mike Fry to us! It's one of my favorite stories. We would talk in the pits over the years with Mike and his family, and with Jeff and the announcer's trailer...such good people.
This is just so dayum sad. Again...prayers for all the Fry family and friends.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Prayers go out to Mike and the Fry family.RIP Mike.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
​RIP and Prayers to all family and friends

·
A-HOLE HICK
829 Posts
This was very sad news, Mike was an awesome competitor and a genuine nice person.
Thoughts and prayers go out to all of his family and friends from the Eason family.

·
Registered
19,887 Posts
"gods speed" rip prayers go out to his family and friends..sad sad news

·
Registered
604 Posts
Did not know Mike all that well but had a conversation or two with him when he would stop and look at "Panic Mouse" when we had it on display at the races. He sure seemed like an awesome guy. Our hearts go out to his family and friends... Rest in peace Mike!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I always enjoyed seeing Mike at the drags at Ming and LODBRS in his TAH as well as hanging at the vdrive regattas, and at the river in his old Hallet V-drive. Mike was a great guy and funny as sht once you got him started. Great times and memories! He will be sorely missed.
Our thoughts and prayers are with your wife and family.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Dude was funny as a mofo ! My very first race in Bako we were sleepinging in the back of the truck bed , bout 7 am he walks by and leans over and say's " this ain't downtown son " get up and get ready to run ! Cool dude , and a character at that ! Will be missed greatly ! RIP mike .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts