1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Just so you know, any promotion beyond Lt. Colonol is done by congress.

Are you saying that congress can't even manage it's own military promotional responsibility, let alone the government's buisness?

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Wow! This is really a strange and scary story
We already know that the military gives mind altering drugs to the grunts and now we find out they used psych. tactics on our elected officials. This is sinister shit. We must fire all these assholes before it is too late!

WTF has America's military come to ?????

Another Runaway General: Army Deploys Psy-Ops on U.S. Senators | Rolling Stone Politics
Really? I never saw this......can you please back this up? Rolling Stone is a great military publication?:eek:mg:Obama Must Go!

·
"I'm just SPRAYIN' man!!"
618 Posts
We already know that the military gives mind altering drugs to the grunts and now we find out they used psych. tactics on our elected officials. This is sinister shit. We must fire all these assholes before it is too late!

Another Runaway General: Army Deploys Psy-Ops on U.S. Senators | Rolling Stone Politics
Seriously Z? How do YOU kow the military does this? Have you ever served in the US Armed forces? I have served....21 years and let me tell you this....we do NOT use mind altering drugs. You really need to be more specific in your statements and give us examples of instances the mind altering drugs were used. This ought to be interesting.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Seriously Z? How do YOU kow the military does this? Have you ever served in the US Armed forces? I have served....21 years and let me tell you this....we do NOT use mind altering drugs. You really need to be more specific in your statements and give us examples of instances the mind altering drugs were used. This ought to be interesting.
He ment to say that many of his friends that dogged the draft in a cowardly way used mind altering drugs!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
He read it in Rolling Stone....so it must be true. They wouldn't lie, would they?:D

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Don't doubt the word of the great and all seeing Z.......He knows 'cause they kept pumping him full of saltpeter day after day to keep him from humpin' the "company mule".:)sphss

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
I believe Zombie served in the United States Air Force. The military has given drugs to enlisted personel in the past while conducting expirements.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
I believe Zombie served in the United States Air Force. The military has given drugs to enlisted personel in the past while conducting expirements.
ExpIrements aye?......Sounds about right for Z.:)devil

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

It is widely known that the military and the CIA has done experimental medical tests on American troops. A-Bomb radiation tests were pretty risky back in the late 40s and early 50s. LSD was tested on troops at one time. Who knows what secret stuff was done. Google has a lot on this topic.
BTW the article I just posted cited that 50000 anti-anxiety type prescriptions have been given to troops in Iraq and Afghanistan a month. That seems like too much to me. This is very alarming and may contribute to the high suicide rates and other issues returning troops have.
I am pro-military especially the enlisted ranks I was once one as you said. But I think some of this stuff is getting very questionable. Psych Ops on our own leaders???? Unbelievable.. pumping up troops with Drugs??? Unbelievable: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30748260/ns/health-health_care/

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
It is widely known that the military and the CIA has done experimental medical tests on American troops. A-Bomb radiation tests were pretty risky back in the late 40s and early 50s. LSD was tested on troops at one time. Who knows what secret stuff was done. Google has a lot on this topic.
BTW the article I just posted cited that 50000 anti-anxiety type prescriptions have been given to troops in Iraq and Afghanistan a month. That seems like too much to me. This is very alarming and may contribute to the high suicide rates and other issues returning troops have.
I am pro-military especially the enlisted ranks I was once one as you said. But I think some of this stuff is getting very questionable. Psych Ops on our own leaders???? Unbelievable.. pumping up troops with Drugs??? Unbelievable: U.S. military: Heavily armed and medicated - Health - Health care - msnbc.com
Tests sound like just that....small sample tests of volunters that were tested under direct medical care. Oops, PRO Military TV again, MSNBC.

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts

That is some fantastic reading. Yep lets see, a disgruntled psy-ops commander gets reprimanded and suddenly there is a story about how the people that reprimanded him were doing illegal things and he was forced to help. And when he refused they tried to ruin him. As fascinating as the reading was, anyone with a military background and an understanding of what psy-ops units do can find so many holes in this story that it isn't even funny. Lets move on to the next gem.

Lets see 50,000 out of how many? And as strange as it may seem I can think of only one or two soldiers that were taking any form of antidepressant or anxiety medication and I've been on two recent deployments. But, wait down at the end of the article, what does it say? They finally break down the numbers. 15% of the soldiers in Afghanistan are taking antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, or sleeping pills. Imagine someone having trouble sleeping in a combat zone. So a doctor prescribes a sleeping pill as needed. But Z makes it sound like it's rampant drug use and secret testing on us soldiers. Wait there it is, the magic 50,000 number. And it says: "Data from the Department of Defense last fall showed that as of September 2007, prescriptions for narcotics for active-duty troops had risen to almost 50,000 a month, compared with about 33,000 a month in October 2003, not long after the Iraq war began." It doesn't say anything about what is the base for this. Is this DOD wide? Just deployed in Iraq? And of course it is higher because unlike in 2004 when we took a years supply of our prescriptions with us from our civilian doctors, they now have a military doctor re-prescribe the medications so the DOD can provide it to us at no cost. So out of all the troops in the DOD they have 50,000 prescriptions for narcotics and how many of those are multiples for the same person? Again it doesn't say.

I'm really disappointed that someone that is adamant about wanting the truth to be told, doesn't research the claims that are being made before they parrot them. Stop listening to talk radio and start getting the facts for yourself. This really doesn't put you in a good light when it is this easy to prove what you're parroting is pointless BS babble.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Why can't the psy-ops unit be used to help me get laid?

]
. 15% of the soldiers in Afghanistan are taking antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, or sleeping pills. Imagine someone having trouble sleeping in a combat zone. .
Good answer.
What is the % of the civilian pop. using those? Maybe it's appropriate that the military use them at a higher %. Maybe those scrips help reduce suicides. Or murders.
I guess (Z) you don't remember the jillion tv shows in the late 70s about some whacked out Vietnam vet.
We state that we're having a war on drugs, but we have 50 million people on Prozac.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
We state that we're having a war on drugs, but we have 50 million people on Prozac.
Any kid in school that teachers can't keep occupied is claimed to have ADsomething and they want to put all the lil' heathens on Ritalin. We've got a whole new generation popping up that were raised on this crap. Not only does it effect their minds, it's being linked to kidney and other organ problems.

I'm still not buying into the Military being pumped up with the stuff claimed though. I've known too many folks in the recent campaigns and none have been involved. Sorry Z, you're reaching again......Unless of course it's those damned Corporate Care Packages. Stickin' downers in the Ho-Ho's. Corporate trash anyway.....:)sphss

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Tests sound like just that....small sample tests of volunteers that were tested under direct medical care. Oops, PRO Military TV again, MSNBC.
Keyword. My father was a low ranking officer during Vietnam. He volunteered for these experimental, psychotropic drug tests. Unfortunately, he was left completely blind. I'm talking about my Dad here, so it's no joke. It did happen. To this day, he won't speak in detail about it. I've concluded it's out of embarrassment for doing such a thing. Growing up, I had to lie about how it happened to my friends. Telling people "My dad volunteered to take experimental drugs" just doesn't seem very noble or smart. From what he's said about it, nobody was compelled or forced against their will to participate or were involved without consent.

As far Rolling Stone itself goes, well, my friend who's in Afghan. at this very moment defending our Freedom, had one of their "journalists" embedded in his unit on his last deployment. Lets just say RS made the enemy look like poor, innocent victims while our guys were portrayed as having an unfair advantage over the Taliban "freedom fighters". In a nutshell, RS is akin to Al Jazeera lite when comes to this topic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts