Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New U.S. mine safety rules may bring light to a long, dark tunnel
74.1236538.jpg
For 19 years before W took office, there were no major mine disasters. Under his leadership and direction, mine safety regulations and enforcement were drastically cut. The tragic result of this was 70 untimely deaths: that is, 70 fathers, sons, brothers, and husbands who will never go home from their toils in the mines to see their beloved families again. This is just another example of why we need strong government regulation because companies are unwilling to regulate themselves. Thankfully, President Obama has appointed a new man to clean up these mines and once again make them a safe place to work.

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
View attachment 105858
For 19 years before W took office, there were no major mine disasters. Under his leadership and direction, mine safety regulations and enforcement were drastically cut. The tragic result of this was 70 untimely deaths: that is, 70 fathers, sons, brothers, and husbands who will never go home from their toils in the mines to see their beloved families again. This is just another example of why we need strong government regulation because companies are unwilling to regulate themselves. Thankfully, President Obama has appointed a new man to clean up these mines and once again make them a safe place to work.
Lack of border security and immigration enforcement has killed more than 70 people. Who would even waste there time on this subject? I bet there's more illegals killing citizens in a month, probably so much it would dwarf this number. Heck, add in those killed by illegals in accidents as well and yeah...

BTW, Mining isn't even in the top 10 of deaths caused by occupation.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lack of border security and immigration enforcement has killed more than 70 people. Who would even waste there time on this subject? I bet there's more illegals killing citizens in a month, probably so much it would dwarf this number. Heck, add in those killed by illegals in accidents as well and yeah...

BTW, Mining isn't even in the top 10 of deaths caused by occupation.
If you want to start a thread about how Obama has also increased spending for border security over Bush, go right ahead.:)devil

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
View attachment 105858
For 19 years before W took office, there were no major mine disasters. Under his leadership and direction, mine safety regulations and enforcement were drastically cut. The tragic result of this was 70 untimely deaths: that is, 70 fathers, sons, brothers, and husbands who will never go home from their toils in the mines to see their beloved families again. This is just another example of why we need strong government regulation because companies are unwilling to regulate themselves. Thankfully, President Obama has appointed a new man to clean up these mines and once again make them a safe place to work.[/QUOTE]

he's trying to tell us that we will not be able to afford anything mined in the US after this overhaul.

·
2001 cheyenne Splash 555
175 Posts
What has happened to our Country???

Why are so many people on here so cynical about basic human rights. Do you feel that your entitled to a life of luxury while others suffer for your benefit?
There are regulations already in place,Just enforce them. Why did the government chose not to enforce them? Stop devaluing the safety and health of workers. I bet if it was your loved one you would feel different if they were forced to work and live under unsafe and hazardous conditions. People in Eastern Kentucky don't have the luxury of finding other jobs. Mining or related jobs are all thats available.
All employees are entitled to a fair day wages for a fair day of work in safe working conditions as possible.
We better learn a lesson from Egypt, it could happen here.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
There is no question that we in the US are over-regulated...but that does not mean to "Throw the baby out with the bath water".....We need to cut regulations that hurt biz, while not eliminating necessary protections for worker (Or customer) safety. There needs to be a balance...who the heck wants regulations that strangle biz, yet don't return any real benefit? On the other hand, workers definitely need to have safety provided...A difficult balancing act.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
View attachment 105858
Yawn, more deflection and propaganda. But, you did accurately post up the are of the economy that O will kill the jobs in next.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Why are so many people on here so cynical about basic human rights. Do you feel that your entitled to a life of luxury while others suffer for your benefit?
There are regulations already in place,Just enforce them. Why did the government chose not to enforce them? Stop devaluing the safety and health of workers. I bet if it was your loved one you would feel different if they were forced to work and live under unsafe and hazardous conditions. People in Eastern Kentucky don't have the luxury of finding other jobs. Mining or related jobs are all thats available.
All employees are entitled to a fair day wages for a fair day of work in safe working conditions as possible.
Mining is an inherently dangerous job, there's no way around that. That's not to say safety shouldn't be high on the list. But the "regulation" has gotten so bad in this country that it has virtually paralyzed many industries.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
If you want to start a thread about how Obama has also increased spending .....
I think that says it all right there....

Ram is now a mining safety expert! Cool.:)sphss:)sphss

On a side note on mining:

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
19 years of no accidents? So Clinton slacked his 8 years (before Bush) and it happened on Bush's watch. Just like 911. It was Clinton's fault....

Anyway, back to your scheduled liberal brain washed diatribe.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Easy solution. Quit digging tunnels and dig a pit...

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

Absolutely! While they were skipping school and getting high by whatever means available, not working and on the government dole, while some of us sacrificed the good times to get an education and develop a career. You bet cha we deserve it. Fock your sob story and PC. They had the opportunity if they wanted to work for it.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
And watch the cost go up exponentially because you are moving numerous times the material.
You are way wrong on that one. Pit mining is way cheaper. But what would I know since we built most of the copper mines around here.:)sphss

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Rambo is on the DNC payroll.....it is the only logical explaination why he post this drivel.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
And watch the cost go up exponentially because you are moving numerous times the material.
Um, You realize this statement is completely contradictory to your stance on Oil Shales?
Although it does validate my argument concerning the same?

·
Lovin' IT!
857 Posts
I recommend we ignore this fu*kstick and his posts. The only thing his posts do is turn our attentions from the real issues.

Hey Ram, go to my Allen West thread and argue the issues.... If you can.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Echo....

I recommend we ignore this fu*kstick and his posts. The only thing his posts do is turn our attentions from the real issues.

Hey Ram, go to my Allen West thread and argue the issues.... If you can.
That video is gone, at least that is what came up on my screen....AND, is there an echo in here? I've been ignoring the troll for weeks/months, and have suggested others do the same until he tires of arguing with NO ONE, and reading his own bullshit.....

I will NOT respond to anything the troll posts, period...
Ray

PS I will say that any American companies that moved their operations to Mexico deserve whatever they get when push comes to shove on our border WAR....

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You are way wrong on that one. Pit mining is way cheaper. But what would I know since we built most of the copper mines around here.:)sphss
Doesn't it depend on how much overburden needs to be romoved? If the minerals you want to mine are say 2000 meters below the surface, your telling me it would be cheaper to use a pit mine? I highly doubt that, considering how much earth would have to be removed to even get at the minerals.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts