Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather sucked balls all weekend until late afternoon today. cold and windy.
most of the jets looked like they were struggling to stay hooked up in the sloppy water. I know i was struggling big time. couldnt manage better than an 8.81 during qualifying.

miller took me out in round one of ubfj. ironically it was the only good pass i made the whole weekend. went 8.63 at 120mph. Then i got out of shape during my brkt race with declark and my weekend was over.

Gotta thank John @ Concept Marine for all the help on the boat before the race. Todd @ TRG Custom Fiberglass for the 'glass work..the boat hasn't shined that good since i bought it.

Superdave for getting my parts done ahead of schedule. Jeff @ Embee Coatings for the awesome powdercoating.

Jet4fun..for every weekend spent working on the boat. total thrash session and we got it done in time. no major drama either. Next time we'll get to see what it'll do in some decent water.

Hustler...thanks for the help and the palace on wheels at the track. we were totally spoiled this weekend.

Declark-for the C02 and the laughs.

Braun-for the loader. that thing worked too good.
DNE-for the last minute camshaft install.
MPD- for the pump work.

Bandy-thanks for the starter. Your boat was runnin' insane!

and thanks to everyone that stopped by the 999 pit. It was good to put so many names to faces from the board.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
You are right, the weather sucked balls!

Last weekend was great in Bako ... 75 degrees and sunny, this weekend ... cold and rain showers.

Best news is UBFJ class is going off & there is a lot of new faces at the races.

65 boats ... 10 more than last year's opener.

The 50/50 raffle for the light fund was a hit! The winner on Saturday (Joe LaKamp) won $908 and today's winner took home $880 ... the other half ($1,788) goes into the new light fund! People were excited to participate ... I think we should keep that around forever using the proceeds for club upgrades, special prize funds, etc.

Great opener overall ... looking forward to the next race in less than 3 weeks!

BB

·
Social
1,250 Posts
Great weekend of racing even with the terrible weather. Good to see everyone again.

Congrats to Bandy the boat is awesome. Congrats to Miller on the new boat..all the way to the finals.WooHoo

Great representation by Performance Boats. :) It would be great to have the magazine support the races.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
finny

Crushed By a half eaten CUPCAKE. You had the last laugh,you gave half the jet boat classes rope burn. Remind me how does it go (like the fat kid after the last cupcake)
Your welcome! the CO2 is free as soon as you send me those pics.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
Crushed By a half eaten CUPCAKE. You had the last laugh,you gave half the jet boat classes rope burn. Remind me how does it go (like the fat kid after the last cupcake)

NICE , CUPCAKE!!!!!!!:)hand:)hand:)hand

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hahahaha!!!! I got pic's for you:)devil just dont tell Mike:D I'll post them in the morning

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
never quite understood what happened with the holding rope and finnegan. whos got the video?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
never quite understood what happened with the holding rope and finnegan. whos got the video?
i'd love to see it. All i know for sure is that when the light went solid amber and the rope came up, i had to duck under it because it was sitting level with my helmet. when i mashed the gas the boat went a foot or two and then dug a hole. i didnt know that i was caught on the rope. anysone see what happened?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

hustler has the pics. congrats on the win. i would have liked to have made it a better race but sh%t happens. lol

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
i'd love to see it. All i know for sure is that when the light went solid amber and the rope came up, i had to duck under it because it was sitting level with my helmet. when i mashed the gas the boat went a foot or two and then dug a hole. i didnt know that i was caught on the rope. anysone see what happened?
Ya I was on the rope when that happened... It ripped the rope out of everyones hand especially the guys on the right lane. The starter didn't lift the rope high enough. All the boats in the right hand lane went drifting. The starter apologized many times. Oh well mistakes happen. That's why the rope deflector is there.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Ya I was on the rope when that happened... It ripped the rope out of everyones hand especially the guys on the right lane. The starter didn't lift the rope high enough. All the boats in the right hand lane went drifting. The starter apologized many times. Oh well mistakes happen. That's why the rope deflector is there.
Congrates on a great weekend. You did get screwed that first round.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
mike, hope i didn't hurt your hands too much with my little episode. never had that happen before, and hopefully never again.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
mike, hope i didn't hurt your hands too much with my little episode. never had that happen before, and hopefully never again.
I thought you where going to pull it off until it went around your neck
I was trying my best to hang on and not pull back harder to make things worse. You handeled it pretty good killing you motor pretty quickly. The 3 of us holding on looked like we where doing the wave!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Congrates on a great weekend. You did get screwed that first round.
Yeah, I'm glad we are getting a new light system soon. I'm super stoked though the boat ran a best of a 9.38 and runner up in the 9.50 bracket. For the first race with a new boat I am very pleased! I'm ready for the next race.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Yeah, I'm glad we are getting a new light system soon. I'm super stoked though the boat ran a best of a 9.38 and runner up in the 9.50 bracket. For the first race with a new boat I am very pleased! I'm ready for the next race.
congrats on the runner up kjell

Bumed I missed the race but I'll be sure to make the next one. I heard a rumor that RCB is going to be running his sled. :)violent44 Whats the deal bizz we going to see you on the rope in April??

·
World Class Detailer
931 Posts
This was my first time at Ming, i came down with Lance to help Miller out but im in no league with you guys when it comes to those fast jets so i figured i could wipe down some boats while i was there at least.....lol !!.................i had a blast meeting all of you and putting a face with a name from the boards helps.............thanks for the memories guys !!

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I thought you where going to pull it off until it went around your neck
I was trying my best to hang on and not pull back harder to make things worse. You handeled it pretty good killing you motor pretty quickly. The 3 of us holding on looked like we where doing the wave!
well, i tried and really needed that time slip, but when i figured out i was sideways, thought it was best to just screw it. then jack helped me thrash to try and get it ready for first round in 9.50, didn't hear the call until mark told me i was late, never warmed up, rushed down there, and the engine bogged... owell, it'll all be good next time.

kjell, just curious who won the 9.50??

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, i tried and really needed that time slip, but when i figured out i was sideways, thought it was best to just screw it. then jack helped me thrash to try and get it ready for first round in 9.50, didn't hear the call until mark told me i was late, never warmed up, rushed down there, and the engine bogged... owell, it'll all be good next time.

kjell, just curious who won the 9.50??
that was a good save, bob. could have gone a lot worse.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts