Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adam brought up a fun idea. It would be a riot if a bunch of us picked up some mini boats (like an Addictor) to run around the Delta. I like the idea. If I remember right, Todd (Cat Sass) has a little 12-14' OB tunnel in his armada.

All fun and games. For the size range, I think I'd prefer something like this though.

However, we could get all crazy 'n shit and go completely home made...

OR...

Ask Steve (NP) about these pics I snapped from one of my Delta books...

Bathtub Racing 1.jpg

Bathtub Racing 2.jpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had a mini Schiada many years ago and had a great time with it , wish I would have never let my friend talk me out it.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
Adam brought up a fun idea. It would be a riot if a bunch of us picked up some mini boats (like an Addictor) to run around the Delta. I like the idea. If I remember right, Todd (Cat Sass) has a little 12-14' OB tunnel in his armada.

All fun and games. For the size range, I think I'd prefer something like this though.

However, we could get all crazy 'n shit and go completely home made...

OR...

Ask Steve (NP) about these pics I snapped from one of my Delta books...

View attachment 680202

View attachment 680210
Back in the day, we just called them boats. Our biggest was 14'

We ran a lot of 8' and 10' flat bottom boats and a few hydros, you were king shit if you had 50 horsepower.

We did have some good times in those bathtubs. (the name of the company that built the fiberglass tubs was Scamco.) 3 loco guys ran the company.

(I meant local, Ted, Craig, and myself) :wink2:

·
Registered
194 Posts
We did have some good times in those bathtubs. (the name of the company that built the fiberglass tubs was Scamco.) 3 loco guys ran the company.

Freudien slip!

Stop worrying about little boats and get back to work on the 28. :) Need to see more progress pictures.

Always thought one of those ThunderDucks would be a blast!

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back in the day, we just called them boats. Our biggest was 14'

We ran a lot of 8' and 10' flat bottom boats and a few hydros, you were king shit if you had 50 horsepower.

Do you know if any of those tubs still exist? If you've got a line on any, I'd be honored to run Hookie Day in one :))THumbsUp

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
"Mini boats"... hell it's hard enough getting peeps to run any boat these days

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
I will ask around. (nice sig line)

Listen to the guy that has a running boat. :duh:
lol hey i try to help others with words of encouragement...

this wise old guy with a bunch of fast boats once told me: to hell with how fast your boat is or the latest doo dad bolts on's just get to where you are going and have fun doing it!

the other wise guy standing next to him says: your gas gauge should move as fast as the cooler gauge:)Unsure i said explain: you start the day with a full tank and a full cooler by half tank you should have a half cooler by time you have a empty gas tank the cooler should be empty also and that equals a awesome day on the water, if you empty the cooler faster than your gas gauge then your rushing thru life and will never get what i am talking about:duh: old guy
the shit i had to try and balance out in life to enjoy boating:)sphss:wink2:

·
Registered Parker Allstar
635 Posts
I had a mini Schiada many years ago and had a great time with it , wish I would have never let my friend talk me out it.
I have a 10'r that I bought restored. I have Tohatsu 3cyl 40hp that was turned into a 50hp. Thing should haul ass when it's done! I've been thinking about selling it though. Still needs to be rigged.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422989481.978954.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Any idea what these are worth? Not a scratch on the bottom, got rid of small motor so wondering what size motor I could put on it? thanks:hmmm:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Any idea what these are worth? Not a scratch on the bottom, got rid of small motor so wondering what size motor I could put on it? thanks:hmmm:
sbcokeman, that would be an AquaLark. I would say the hull alone would be worth about 500-1000 depending on the condition. The one pictured might be in lower half of that range, due to the original gel being covered, missing interior, needing a bit of TLC. It does have a trailer though so that will add a bit to the value. The AquaLark is very similar to the Addictor 190 model, with slight cosmetic changes to the deck. They originally came with 25hp Tohatsu outboards, but I've seen people putting anywhere from 9-50 hp on them. They tend to do best with 25-35hp due to the lighter weight. Weight is more important than HP on these short hulls. If you throw more HP prepare to sandbag the bow otherwise it will be like pushing a sheet of plywood through the water...the hard way. Let me know if you have any other specific questions. I'd be glad to help.

Here is my mini boat. It's a 1988 Addictor 333, converted to jet drive.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great info, thank you. I have the seat braces and some odds and ends, the bottom doesnt have a scratch on it. a good clean job and it would come out nice. havent decided to get rid of it or build it. thanks will pm you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
No problem man, I'd love to see you build it rather than let it go. These boats are so much fun and head turners. Its much different than bigger boats. No matter where I go it always draws a crowd, and to be honest that was even more true when it was in original form, lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts