Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Don't you have to run premium fuel in that? And I think they only get about 27 mpg or so. Good luck.

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
Don't you have to run premium fuel in that? And I think they only get about 27 mpg or so. Good luck.
The ex wife has an "S" Clubman (turbo motor) and she needs to run super in it. Shes pulling 33-35 on the highway. They are nice little cars and if I had a serious commute everyday, I would consider a cheapo non S model....gets even better mileage.

Lucky for me I only drive 12 miles each way....I'll stick with the Trailblazer SS!!! :)devil

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Cooper S motors are supercharged not turbocharged. I drove a convertible with the paddle shifters and it was a blast once I figured out how to shift it. However, $33,000 was a bit much for one of these I thought.

Another $15,000 will buy the new BMW 335d, a much bigger, SAFER car which gets much better fuel economy as well. The BMW 3.0 diesel is a great motor(265hp/425tq).

·
Registered
777 Posts
The Ultimate (American) Sedan: Cadillac CTS-V

The all-new 2009 Cadillac CTS-V is a world-class performance luxury sedan engineered to challenge the very best. With a staggering 556 horsepower, 0–60 in 3.9 seconds and a Nürburgring® runtime of 7:59.32, the fastest V8 production sedan in the world, it's clear that we have met that challenge.

The facts are that the all-new 2009 CTS-V is a supercharged, intercooled instigator with all the aggressive exterior styling and interior refinement that makes a Cadillac a Cadillac.

Performance tuned on Germany's famed Nürburgring®, the CTS-V has been precisely engineered to shatter any outdated perceptions that Stateside engineering is made for straight lines but can't corner.

The braking system in the CTS-V has been thought out just as carefully. Six-piston aluminum Brembo hardware up front on 14.57-inch x 1.34-inch rotors and four-piston aluminum calipers on 14.37-inch x 1.10-inch rotors in the rear, make sure the CTS-V delivers the control mechanism for its abundant power.

For the first time, the CTS-V is offered with two transmission choices. The manual TREMEC® TR-6060 or the available ultra-fast-shifting Hydra-Matic 6L90-E electronically controlled automatic with steering-wheel-mounted trigger shifters and performance algorithm shifting.

Available as a front seat option are 14-way adjustable high performance driving seats by one of the world's leading racing seat manufacturers, Recaro.

Add to all of that a host of some of the most luxurious interior amenities available in the automotive world today, and the result is a distinctive sport sedan that does exactly what you want it to, when you want it to, which, in almost every case, will be to excite your senses to the core.

The all-new 2009 Cadillac CTS-V is quite literally the beginning of a new era in American automotive superiority. A red, white, and blue punch in the face to the category of performance luxury. And the one you've been waiting for from Cadillac.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Cooper S motors are supercharged not turbocharged. I drove a convertible with the paddle shifters and it was a blast once I figured out how to shift it. However, $33,000 was a bit much for one of these I thought.

Another $15,000 will buy the new BMW 335d, a much bigger, SAFER car which gets much better fuel economy as well. The BMW 3.0 diesel is a great motor(265hp/425tq).

Old one are Blower new models are turbo. You only need to run premium in the s model. I almost got one, but a little too small for me. Great gas mileage though.

Can't go wrong with the BMW though.:)devil

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 03 Copper S for a fun car. It's like driving a street legal gocart.
Big change from driving the big lifted Duramax very easy to park.:D

·
Faster, Stronger, Bionic
626 Posts

How the are these two cars even comparable? Aside from the fact that both are indeed very fun to drive and built by BMW, the base 335d cost more than double what a base Cooper cost. We're talking 18.5K vs. 45K. One is a luxury sedan, and one is a tiny little sports hatchback. One is going to get comments from strangers ranging from little kids to old men everywhere you park it, and one is going blend in with every Toyota Camry on the road to most people eyes. If the woman wants a Cooper, she's probably tired of driving boring looking sedans.

·
Registered
345 Posts
How the are these two cars even comparable? Aside from the fact that both are indeed very fun to drive and built by BMW, the base 335d cost more than double what a base Cooper cost. We're talking 18.5K vs. 45K. One is a luxury sedan, and one is a tiny little sports hatchback. One is going to get comments from strangers ranging from little kids to old men everywhere you park it, and one is going blend in with every Toyota Camry on the road to most people eyes. If the woman wants a Cooper, she's probably tired of driving boring looking sedans.
x2
She wants what she wants. 3-5 series BMW are just a dime a dozen ham and cheese car who's demographic feel as though they have arrived. Coopers have character.

Geoff

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts

Sorry guy,

The Clubman S (my ex-wifes car) is a TURBOcharged 16v 4cyl motor....and that directly off the MINI site.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's correct the new models are turbocharged. My 03 Cooper S is supercharged takes a little longer to spool up but is just as fast.

They are nice cars however I would NOT buy one new and pay what they are asking for them. You can pick a used one up for cheap.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like she's earned the right to buy what she wants. I like a hard worker.
Yeah she has, that's why I'm not going to try and change her mind. SHe's had her eye on this car for quite sometime. Plus she avg's lass then 5000 miles a year. Her Mazda Portege that we bought her in 02 has leen then 34000...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The ex wife has an "S" Clubman (turbo motor) and she needs to run super in it. Shes pulling 33-35 on the highway. They are nice little cars and if I had a serious commute everyday, I would consider a cheapo non S model....gets even better mileage.

Lucky for me I only drive 12 miles each way....I'll stick with the Trailblazer SS!!! :)devil
Yeah I think we are going to go with the "S". She doesn't drive that much so mileage isn't an issue.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Ultimate (American) Sedan: Cadillac CTS-V

The all-new 2009 Cadillac CTS-V is a world-class performance luxury sedan engineered to challenge the very best. With a staggering 556 horsepower, 0–60 in 3.9 seconds and a Nürburgring® runtime of 7:59.32, the fastest V8 production sedan in the world, it's clear that we have met that challenge.

The facts are that the all-new 2009 CTS-V is a supercharged, intercooled instigator with all the aggressive exterior styling and interior refinement that makes a Cadillac a Cadillac.

Performance tuned on Germany's famed Nürburgring®, the CTS-V has been precisely engineered to shatter any outdated perceptions that Stateside engineering is made for straight lines but can't corner.

The braking system in the CTS-V has been thought out just as carefully. Six-piston aluminum Brembo hardware up front on 14.57-inch x 1.34-inch rotors and four-piston aluminum calipers on 14.37-inch x 1.10-inch rotors in the rear, make sure the CTS-V delivers the control mechanism for its abundant power.

For the first time, the CTS-V is offered with two transmission choices. The manual TREMEC® TR-6060 or the available ultra-fast-shifting Hydra-Matic 6L90-E electronically controlled automatic with steering-wheel-mounted trigger shifters and performance algorithm shifting.

Available as a front seat option are 14-way adjustable high performance driving seats by one of the world's leading racing seat manufacturers, Recaro.

Add to all of that a host of some of the most luxurious interior amenities available in the automotive world today, and the result is a distinctive sport sedan that does exactly what you want it to, when you want it to, which, in almost every case, will be to excite your senses to the core.

The all-new 2009 Cadillac CTS-V is quite literally the beginning of a new era in American automotive superiority. A red, white, and blue punch in the face to the category of performance luxury. And the one you've been waiting for from Cadillac.
These are beautiful cars, but aren't they $50's? Plus she can't drive a stick, so it has to be automatic.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a 03 Copper S for a fun car. It's like driving a street legal gocart.
Big change from driving the big lifted Duramax very easy to park.:D
Have you had any service issues or things that you don't like about the car? She's very easy on cars, so I think this car will be great for her.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
x2
She wants what she wants. 3-5 series BMW are just a dime a dozen ham and cheese car who's demographic feel as though they have arrived. Coopers have character.

Geoff
Yeah, she's has never been a BMW type of woman. We had a very hard road as a family and she's work hard her whole life. I can't even think about changing her mind at this point. I just need to make sure I get her the best deal and make sure I know all the in's and out's of the car.

Thanks for all the feedback and opinions..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts