Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get invited to a "dinner" party at a frined's house. As I drive up, I don't recognize any cars. And none of them are worth over $15K. Hmmmm. You know it, it's an ACN meeting. Fock!!! You hear the whole story about how people are raking in $30K per month etc. etc. OK, for $30 K per month you need 3,156 people within 7 layers of you. Whatever!!!

Then some a-hole I haven't seen since high school asks to join my facebook and next thing you know I am being IMed, e mailed etc. etc. about how I can improve my company and make huge money on the side. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity!! Fock!! I finally had the person call me and then she talks down to me and tells me I shouldn't speak for my employees because I could be providing them with these great vacation packages and shiat!

Seriously people. Am I the only one who is trying to survive this economy? Vacation is the last thing on my mind and of my employees. We all hope we have a job next month! Construction is brutal right now. And I don't want to hear how I can supplement my income. "As you don't know what I make, please don't assume my income is going to replaced by your awesome MLM plan!"

The fastest way to lose your friends is to start this crap.

Opinions?

· Premium Member
1,896 Posts
You are absolutely right. I hate it when my friends try and pitch me or sell me something. I make it known that I dont like to do business with my friends because it usually doesn't end up in a good situation and can break up a friendship.

So my rule is to never do business with friends or family.

· Banned
4,497 Posts
You know, I've been seeing alot of Amway commercials running lately... might be a great opportunity to get in with as they are a multi billion dollar a year company... :)sphss

I have noticed that the hype with all the different berry drinks seems to have died down quite a bit.

· "On the road again..."
9,162 Posts
So I get invited to a "dinner" party at a frined's house. As I drive up, I don't recognize any cars. And none of them are worth over $15K. Hmmmm. You know it, it's an ACN meeting. Fock!!! You hear the whole story about how people are raking in $30K per month etc. etc. OK, for $30 K per month you need 3,156 people within 7 layers of you. Whatever!!!

Then some a-hole I haven't seen since high school asks to join my facebook and next thing you know I am being IMed, e mailed etc. etc. about how I can improve my company and make huge money on the side. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity!! Fock!! I finally had the person call me and then she talks down to me and tells me I shouldn't speak for my employees because I could be providing them with these great vacation packages and shiat!
Seriously people. Am I the only one who is trying to survive this economy? Vacation is the last thing on my mind and of my employees. We all hope we have a job next month! Construction is brutal right now. And I don't want to hear how I can supplement my income. "As you don't know what I make, please don't assume my income is going to replaced by your awesome MLM plan!"

The fastest way to lose your friends is to start this crap.

Opinions?
My wife got hit up by the knucklehead she works for. He and his wife are into an MLM deal called LifeVantage. Some kind of pill and creme that stops the aging process. It was started up by the guy that had Metabolife.

He claimed one guy was making $100K a week? Unbelievable the crap these people think is possible. Only one that can mke that kind of money is the one at the top of the Pyramid. Curious what the average life of these deals is before they get shut down......Fools and their "dreams".;)

· Registered
221 Posts
I did it for almost five years way back in time. Its a life, not a job. Phone rang at all hours, running to here and there with down line. Made good money for awhile, but never anything like they claimed. Never met a bigger bunch of liars in my life. Amway is legit, but its still a tough sell.
Terry

· Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Same thing happened to me, got invited to a neighbors party with a short presentation afterwards. It too was ACN..I said "no way, not interested at all", they were put off by my reaction.. I feel that once friend asks for your business, they instantly get thrown out of my circle of trust. It's just a huge lack of respect for a friend to ask for your buisness ..

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same thing happened to me, got invited to a neighbors party with a short presentation afterwards. It too was ACN..I said "no way, not interested at all", they were put off by my reaction.. I feel that once friend asks for your business, they instantly get thrown out of my circle of trust. It's just a huge lack of respect for a friend to ask for your buisness ..
My sentiments exactly!

· Banned
4,497 Posts
Rob, can I sell you some real good grape juice??
Hey you little dog owning midget, now you're trying to take work away from my bro... he slings the grapes that Rob really likes!!! :D :D :D

· Registered
3,281 Posts
I had that stunt pulled on me. I just walked out the door.

· Registered
3,281 Posts
You are absolutely right. I hate it when my friends try and pitch me or sell me something. I make it known that I dont like to do business with my friends because it usually doesn't end up in a good situation and can break up a friendship.

So my rule is to never do business with friends or family.
Yep. I have the same policy. I got screwed ONCE and hard.

You also typically make less money for the same amount of time invested.

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Real "Friends" would not ambush another friend at a dinner party. They would, at a minimum, let the person know what was going on, ahead of time. That said, I don't do business with friends as well, unless you can count them coming into my restaurant for a bite to eat. Then I usually end up having dinner with them anyways.

Darrell.

· Registered
415 Posts
A guy i used to Boat with says can i come by got something to show you ,i say sure .Now we are Boardshort and T Shirt people ,beer in hand after 5 pm,This guy turns up in a suit and tie and thinks he is going to sit on my back deck and sell my the Amway story ,What are they thinking .

· Registered
2,679 Posts
Real "Friends" would not ambush another friend at a dinner party. They would, at a minimum, let the person know what was going on, ahead of time. That said, I don't do business with friends as well, unless you can count them coming into my restaurant for a bite to eat. Then I usually end up having dinner with them anyways.

Darrell.

x2!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.