Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday was quiet for the most part. Thinking most are waiting to come out for the holiday weekend...

Saturday was very quiet around 830am....hmm thinking of going boating....

OK, That did not last long...Became a ZOO quickly.....Counted 117 boats on the moabi side of the channel and 36 on the PC side....and just under 30 under power in the channel going in or out.

The river itself was like a So. Cal. freeway.....sitting and watching for 20 minutes or so, saw a few dozen accidents barely avoided...Glad we did not go out....

Got a bunch of pics of the safety check just below the topock bridge right on the water.......roughly 25-35 LEO officers conducting the checks with 5+ LEO boats in the water......hope it was productive...

Sunday...will know in about 15 minutes...

·
Happy Member
1,388 Posts
Friday was quiet for the most part. Thinking most are waiting to come out for the holiday weekend...

Saturday was very quiet around 830am....hmm thinking of going boating....

OK, That did not last long...Became a ZOO quickly.....Counted 117 boats on the moabi side of the channel and 36 on the PC side....and just under 30 under power in the channel going in or out.

The river itself was like a So. Cal. freeway.....sitting and watching for 20 minutes or so, saw a few dozen accidents barely avoided...Glad we did not go out....

Got a bunch of pics of the safety check just below the topock bridge right on the water.......roughly 25-35 LEO officers conducting the checks with 5+ LEO boats in the water......hope it was productive...

Sunday...will know in about 15 minutes...
At 830 am your still in your Hugh Hefner robe with sleepies in your eyes :p:p

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

.......1. Serving breakfast??

.......2. How's the E-Z up city on the PC side??

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

1. Dont know about the breakfast or not...maybe others can post if they know.

2. I saw a ton of EZ ups in front of the place......saw a bunch of people making daycamp.....getting their drinks from the bar and taking the drinks out to the boats and beach...looked like fun...:)devil

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
missed you on friday, wtf?

and never saw any checkpoints on friday either... however I did see someone sobering up really quick as he was being assisted into the back seat of havasu's finest last nite

We saw a few in cuffs at the check point on Saturday sitting at the tables under the awnings, my camera shots were lousy and could not make them out but I will post a few...

PS Left the river today around noon...went by Cottonwood and it was packed...at least 100 people day camping and swimming in the beach area..trash everywhere...diapers stacking up...grossed us out so we left...got back home around 230-3 decided to cruise down to Willow Beach on the other side of Hoover Damn just to see what the crowd was like and the wife has never been down there so off we were...traffic was nuts over the Damn but we expected that...by the time we got down to the water it was around 430...all I can say is WOW...if they had mobiles down there I would buy one at any price (well within reason)...I forgot how beautiful Willow Beach was...another few hours then back at home...We almost hit lake mead on the way back but wife said ENOUGH already with visiting all these DAMN marina's.......:D:D

·
They call me Phildo
97 Posts
The Lake wasn't that bad Friday or today. It was busy up river though on Friday. Today I was surprised I only saw one bigger boat (30+) running on the lake but as I was getting out saw a sick Skater being launched from Windsor.

·
Registered
28 Posts

We were there on Thursday. The waitress said they no longer serve breakfast and they open up for lunch at 10:30 am. We've been to the Naked Pirate twice and have enjoyed it both times. Food and service were fantastic.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rumor has it that Pirates Cove has a slight legal problem involving minors drinking, and accidents, report back PapaG...:D:)hand:)sphss
Will let you know as we get any substantiated facts that are directly related to answering your concerns and that would be available to the general public...Baja, you know me, I Don't want to ruffle feathers without facts...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.