Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running down to Havasu and parking in the 'Red Water Channel" we headed back up River to the Moabi channel.

Traffic on the River was as congested as I've seen it.

The Moabi channel was completely packed as was The Pirate Cove bar. :)sphss

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
I've never seen the river as crowded, and Moabi was just plain nuts. Boats, yahoos and airplanes. The Pirate Bar was going off and they definitely need more help behind the bar.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Moabi, has turned into the place to be;)

I think they are doing a great job, the bar is awesome, the condos are cool and the water taxi is brilliant.

The restaurant is nice and the food is good, the menu is a bit sparse, they need some cold sandwiches, other than that one small item, they have built a great boating destination on the river.

PROPS to Pirates Cove a job well done:)devil

·
Registered
203 Posts
After running down to Havasu and parking in the 'Red Water Channel" we headed back up River to the Moabi channel.

Traffic on the River was as congested as I've seen it.

The Moabi channel was completely packed as was The Pirate Cove bar. :)sphss
so no more hanging out at moabi on off weekend's with about 10 boat's anymore, that was are spot to hangout and get away from the channel and sandbar crowd.

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
so no more hanging out at moabi on off weekend's with about 10 boat's anymore, that was are spot to hangout and get away from the channel and sandbar crowd.
So I may actually be able to hang in the Havi channel again one of these days.......:)bulb

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts

I think they are doing a great job, the bar is awesome, the condos are cool and the water taxi is brilliant.

The restaurant is nice and the food is good, the menu is a bit sparse, they need some cold sandwiches, other than that one small item, they have built a great boating destination on the river.

I agree, especially for the job well done, they did it right. Downside is the lost hideaway deal.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
There were people where I have never seen people before in the Gorge. Anything north of Havasu was packed. Should open up some nice beaches on the south part of the lake.

I love weekday boating and the relaxed uncrowded atmosphere, but I also love crowded weekends and being right in the mix.

·
"SELF MADE" broke dick
1,006 Posts
If everyone is going to Moabi there should be open beaches now. :)sphss
Always looking on the bright side and shiat.....:D

I love weekday boating and the relaxed uncrowded atmosphere, but I also love crowded weekends and being right in the mix.
I hear you. That's why when we plan our trips we try and get in a weekend and some weekday boating.

Best of both worlds....:)

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
We went to Priates Cove on Friday again. No problems, food was good and so were the drinks. The servings are a good size, I could have split my meal with another and still would have walked away full. Hopefully they will expand their menu soon. Oh yeah, just another note, during the day the water level drops up the river so got to pay attention so your boat doesn't become beached. Saw a number of folks needing help pushing their boats off shore.
But I'm sure most of you already knew that.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Weekdays are the ticket. I waited forever just to try and get a drink and ended up walking away. If I would have tried to eat there, I would have starved to death. It's a good thing I have mutated to a point where I don't need food when I'm on the water.

·
Registered
550 Posts

Where exactly do the taxi's take you...??

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
From your boat to the bar and back. Good service.

They need to take one of those big jet boats they use for running to Laughlin and make it a Moabi shuttle from the channel and back. Now that would be fun. Take a shuttle to the water shuttle so you could drink all day and never have to worry about a designated driver.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
If I was a city leader in Havasu, I would be really concerned with all the tax dollars leaving the town to go upriver.

Havasu definitely needs more boater friendly establishments.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts