Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Gals,

A friend of mine and I were talking today and discuss the thought of creating a mobile modified suspension repair truck. It would be a service dedicated to coming out and inspecting vehicles that have lifts, are lowered, bagged, etc. and repairing them. If the repair requires parts we will order the parts and come back to the house and install the parts. If the repair required can't be done at your home or place of business then we will come out with a trailer and pickup your vehicle, fix it, then deliver it back to your home or office. Would anyone be interested in this kind of service, we are trying to see if its something that might bite or if its something that isn't needed.

Thanks for your input guys/gals.

Thanks John
UPW
714-865-3502

·
Steady Rollin
1,183 Posts
I could only imagine the junk you'd have to deal with. I've seen so many hackjobs out there. You'd have to be careful about what you touched or this could be a very expensive business venture.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I could only imagine the junk you'd have to deal with. I've seen so many hackjobs out there. You'd have to be careful about what you touched or this could be a very expensive business venture.
I agree, I helped this poor sap in Pismo beach. Whoever the brilliant idiot lifted his truck used really pretty stainless bolts to hold the ball joints to the a arm. Needles to say there was a separation going down one of the dunes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to cover the Orange County and Riverside Area. We will be able to cover those areas and then depending on where you are located there will be a fee to come out inspect the vehicle to cover the drivers time and fuel. During the inspection we will be able to determine if its something we could fix or if its something that would have to be brought to the shop to be "RE-DONE". Keep the comments coming guys.

Thanks John
UPW
714-865-3502

·
Steady Rollin
1,183 Posts
I agree, I helped this poor sap in Pismo beach. Whoever the brilliant idiot lifted his truck used really pretty stainless bolts to hold the ball joints to the a arm. Needles to say there was a separation going down one of the dunes.
Hey...stainless is stronger then grade 8 right? The bling doubles its tensile strength!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Hey...stainless is stronger then grade 8 right? The bling doubles its tensile strength!
Only if it is polished!:)devil

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
I think you would be better served offering pick up and delivery with a flatbed than working on someones car in a parking lot or a driveway. How nice would that be to not have to hassle with dropping off your truck, getting a ride home or to work, and then finding a ride to back to your truck.

Honestly, I need some work done and I don't have time to get it done. If Kevin offered that service I'd have my truck down there every other week.;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think you would be better served offering pick up and delivery with a flatbed than working on someones car in a parking lot or a driveway. How nice would that be to not have to hassle with dropping off your truck, getting a ride home or to work, and then finding a ride to back to your truck.

Honestly, I need some work done and I don't have time to get it done. If Kevin offered that service I'd have my truck down there every other week.;)
maybe one day I can get big enough for that:D

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Hey Guys/Gals,

A friend of mine and I were talking today and discuss the thought of creating a mobile modified suspension repair truck. It would be a service dedicated to coming out and inspecting vehicles that have lifts, are lowered, bagged, etc. and repairing them. If the repair requires parts we will order the parts and come back to the house and install the parts. If the repair required can't be done at your home or place of business then we will come out with a trailer and pickup your vehicle, fix it, then deliver it back to your home or office. Would anyone be interested in this kind of service, we are trying to see if its something that might bite or if its something that isn't needed.

Thanks for your input guys/gals.

Thanks John
UPW
714-865-3502
I like the idea, as noted by others lots of hack jobs and liability might be an issue but I think that it would be a very specialized niche and these days it is very difficult to take a vehicle in for service if they do not offer loaner cars, so getting someone to pick u up and drop you off is always an issue. Great idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.