Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1991 we put a center located capsule in one of our D'Cucci Boats, Denver supplied the Capsule, My Dad Supplied the boat, modifications for capsule and rigging, Steve Earl supplied a blown alchohol motor and Donny St John did the driving. The boat was only tested once that i know of but looked very promissing. I would not be pursuing this new endevour if i felt differently. Denver shortly died after in a drag boat accident, and the project fell apart from there. The boat was sold later as we fitted it with a jones capsule and raced as a pro stock back east?

Boat count which i beleive is a direct relation to the economy has been on a decline for many years. If we were still racing with boat counts we had you would see a lot more capsuled boats.

I have been on a strict budget since we built the shop in Lake Havasu, the campground we owned and operated gave us a lot more freedom to play with the race boats.

A year and 1/2 ago Jim Bandalin offered a capsule for me to modify for circle boat racing, the current design does not offer the seating position we desire.

I willingly accepted for several reason, it was donated, the denvers capsule is proven, it is somewhat easily modifiable, Jim has a connection on f1 windshields and they are also proven.

So what we plan to do is finish the modified plug, make a mold, build the part and center fit it into a new D'Cucci Hull. (like the model from 1991)

From there Jim bandelin and Brian Twamley have offered to rig it and supply with a motor. I'm sure by the time were done i will have more volunteers to list but so far Jerimah Mckorkle has donated time to the effort helping me modify the capsule on his days off.

What im trying to show is our model of getting a capsuled k -boat out there, other models are probably different. I made the mistake of not getting to talk to Dean (a bad boat owner) to see their model or recipe to get all their boats fitted so promptly.

Its a group effort donation of money and time in our case and like our predasessors our love for BOAT RACING keeps the gears turning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Registered with APBA?

Is capsule registered with APBA? If not, let me know if I can help. Great looking capsule as expected. Good excuse to keep the kids AX hydro program on hold. :))ThumbsDwn :wink2:

Little G vs. Little Cucci :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff were working on that also, jimmy d is renting some space from me and building a stock, c stock, etc? He is from Michigan, he tells me there's some fast boats there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Jeff were working on that also, jimmy d is renting some space from me and building a stock, c stock, etc? He is from Michigan, he tells me there's some fast boats there.
Looks good. :))THumbsUp

Now back to the capsule...how much does the modified capsule weigh?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff that is the plug ruff finished its will be sanded, imperfections, fixed, polished, waxed, then a five piece mold to taken off of it. Then we will make a part.

·
Steady Rollin
1,159 Posts
Is the Denver mentioned here, Denver Mullins?

If so, hes missed by a lot of people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1991 we put a center located capsule in one of our D'Cucci Boats, Denver supplied the Capsule, My Dad Supplied the boat, modifications for capsule and rigging, Steve Earl supplied a blown alchohol motor and Donny St John did the driving. The boat was only tested once that i know of but looked very promissing. I would not be pursuing this new endevour if i felt differently. Denver shortly died after in a drag boat accident, and the project fell apart from there. The boat was sold later as we fitted it with a jones capsule and raced as a pro stock back east?

Boat count which i beleive is a direct relation to the economy has been on a decline for many years. If we were still racing with boat counts we had you would see a lot more capsuled boats.

I have been on a strict budget since we built the shop in Lake Havasu, the campground we owned and operated gave us a lot more freedom to play with the race boats.

A year and 1/2 ago Jim Bandalin offered a capsule for me to modify for circle boat racing, the current design does not offer the seating position we desire.

I willingly accepted for several reason, it was donated, the denvers capsule is proven, it is somewhat easily modifiable, Jim has a connection on f1 windshields and they are also proven.

So what we plan to do is finish the modified plug, make a mold, build the part and center fit it into a new D'Cucci Hull. (like the model from 1991)

From there Jim bandelin and Brian Twamley have offered to rig it and supply with a motor. I'm sure by the time were done i will have more volunteers to list but so far Jerimah Mckorkle has donated time to the effort helping me modify the capsule on his days off.

What im trying to show is our model of getting a capsuled k -boat out there, other models are probably different. I made the mistake of not getting to talk to Dean (a bad boat owner) to see their model or recipe to get all their boats fitted so promptly.

Its a group effort donation of money and time in our case and like our predasessors our love for BOAT RACING keeps the gears turning.

My pops is Donny.. this brings back memories.. Denver is missed..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts