Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black hurricanes....

Well, it appears our African-American friends have found yet something else to be pissed about. A black congresswoman (this would be Sheila Jackson Lee, of Houston ), reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding names.

She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chamiqua, Tanisha, Woeisha, Shaqueal, and Jamal. I am NOT making this up!

She would also like the weather reports to be broadcast in 'language' that street people can understand because one of the problems that happened in New Orleans was, that black people couldn't understand the seriousness of the situation, due to the racially biased language of the weather report.

I guess if the weather person says that the winds are going to blow at 140+ MPH, thats too hard to understand

I can hear it now: A weatherman in New Orleans says...

Wazzup, mutha-***kas! Hehr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo' yo ass like Leroy on a crotch rocket!
Bitch be a category fo'! So, turn off dem chitlins, grab yo' chirren, leave yo crib, and head fo' de nearest FEMA office fo yo FREE shit!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Please, Please tell me this was a joke! When I read that last paragraph I should have not been drinking Dr. Pepper at the same time, its all over my key board now:)

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Black hurricanes....

Well, it appears our African-American friends have found yet something else to be pissed about. A black congresswoman (this would be Sheila Jackson Lee, of Houston ), reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding names.

She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chamiqua, Tanisha, Woeisha, Shaqueal, and Jamal. I am NOT making this up!

She would also like the weather reports to be broadcast in 'language' that street people can understand because one of the problems that happened in New Orleans was, that black people couldn't understand the seriousness of the situation, due to the racially biased language of the weather report.

I guess if the weather person says that the winds are going to blow at 140+ MPH, thats too hard to understand

I can hear it now: A weatherman in New Orleans says...

Wazzup, mutha-***kas! Hehr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo' yo ass like Leroy on a crotch rocket!
Bitch be a category fo'! So, turn off dem chitlins, grab yo' chirren, leave yo crib, and head fo' de nearest FEMA office fo yo FREE shit!
Like the rest of them. Need to learn English as a main language.:)sphss

·
Registered
80 Posts
if this is true, which im sure it is, that is an absolute discrace. how about a little pride in educating yourself and not needing special treatment. race shouldnt be a handicap and that shhhhhtt is getn old

i would love to hear what Larry Elder and Bill Cosby would have to say about this.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
The Congress "WOMAN" as she's known here in Houston is quite famous for these bits of wisdom. The hurricane deal was several years ago. She also made several remarks of ignorance on a tour of the Smithsonian when she asked to see the rover vehicle they used on Mars confusing it with the lunar rover and also a statement about if they had the flag planted on the moon.

Her latest was last week when she spoke before the NAACP and talked of why couldn't the US come together and work to gether like South Viet Nam and North Viet Nam did, completely oblivious to the fact the North VN absorbed the South by force and war.

They've managed to gerrymander her district keeping her in office. This next election may not be so successful as she may finally have a strong opponent. She would not be missed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts