Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Large Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool pic. Sure is careing the nose:)devil
We were talking about that last night. I guess he had no Droop, or Place Diverter on it back then. All adjustments were done by adjusting a nozzle insert. I guess "re-entry" as he called it was a little wild.

·
Large Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! Cy will dig on this lil tid-bit of info!
This is Mindyk's uncle??
I got the picture from Mindy's uncle. Bill Barnes is his brother. Bill Barnes is the one driving the boat. John said he has alot more pics.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Eric,

That is rad. Thanks for posting up. I bought it with some of those items. When I bought it, I got that lifeline jacket. It had the same tanks, seats different scoop. When I got it I think it had the stacks on it but it came with a scoop. Have bill call me. I would love to talk with him about the set up. I also have copys of the magazine too. I would love to find some history on ths boat.
Cy
619-871-6157

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
that is so cool. way to go EDOG.. TA THINK the boat was faster in 1981 then it is now...????? i would be calling him for set up CY... lol just busting your balls...

·
Large Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have looked at those pictures on the wall for years and never put two and two together. I was talking to John about pumps and wear ring clearance. Then he got up and showed me the picture of the boat he and his brother used to race. I looked at it an said "Holy Shit" that's Cy's boat. There are actually two different sets of pictures above. You'll notice the water. The pictures with the choppy water was the fastest pass it ever made at that time. The motor at that time was an Olds.

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
The pictures with the choppy water was the fastest pass it ever made at that time. The motor at that time was an Olds.

OH SHHHEAT! I told him about the pics this morning... and I swore it didn't look like it had bbc valve covers.

Sorry Cy... but I'm gonna have to bust your balls on this one... just remember to bring your cup to BayFair...

Olds... man... I'll wait... couple weeks... hehehehe.:D

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Damn Cy, It ran faster back then with an carbed oldsmobile then it does now with a blown injected chevy.....Now thats funny....:)hand

It's just a tad nose high.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Yes, I saw the Olds comment James. I need to get back on the water and get the set up handled to squeeze some more mph out of it. My problem is making too many changes at once.

Cy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts