Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest managed to shoot the last LCD monitor. It was a standard 17" jobber. So I bought a new one today, and went with a 19" WIDESCREEN. Looking at this thing gives me headaches. The text and EVERYTHING is squished and stretched. How can you fix it? I tried fonts and display options and I get nothing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My youngest managed to shoot the last LCD monitor. It was a standard 17" jobber. So I bought a new one today, and went with a 19" WIDESCREEN. Looking at this thing gives me headaches. The text and EVERYTHING is squished and stretched. How can you fix it? I tried fonts and display options and I get nothing.
just give it a day or so and everything will seem normal :)

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
What caliber was he shooting, brand of gun, how far, open site or scoped?
:D

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have to select a widescreen resolution, hopefully your video card will be able to that. Start with 1280x720 and move up from there.
Your solution fixed it, thank you. As to how the screen got shot, some may recall my kids and I got the AirSoft guns for Christmas gifts. My oldest was sitting at the PC and the youngest was going to shoot him with the pistol, well, thats what he said. It hit the monitor, and they are made of a thin layer of glass. The hit looked like molten aluminum, something very similar to when The Terminator melted that guy down at the end. Now, the little shit is working off a new $200 monitor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts