Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another MetroLink collision in LA - involving a bus this time. I have not heard the details yet. My hopes that all are okay.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Nothing on the local TV news yet.

·
Registered
560 Posts
bus was empty, 13 injured on metrolink, none taken to the hospital... it was the blue line in Long Beach. Off Washingon & Griffith.

·
Registered
560 Posts
A Metro Blue Line train collided with a Metro bus in downtown Los Angeles this morning, causing minor injuries to 13 people, authorities said.

The collision, which occurred near Washington Boulevard and Griffith Avenue, was reported around 6:15 a.m., said Officer Ana Aguirre of the Los Angeles Police Department.

The injuries are believed to be "just bumps and bruises," but Aguirre said paramedics are on the scene. No one has been taken to the hospital yet, she said.

The bus was not carrying any passengers. All the injuries were to people on the Blue Line train, said Brian Humphrey, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department. The collision caused the train to derail but it remained upright, he said.

·
Rebel
270 Posts
That's the Metro blue line which has no affiliation with Metrolink. Pretty sure train is not at fault, bus was hit in the crossing, trains don't stop for crossings, traffic does. Strangely enough, the bus is part of the metro system down there.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Definitely not good news when they are trying to get more riders.

·
Doctor Bomb
551 Posts
These collisions happen ALL the time between Blue line, vehicles on Washington Blvd. Would never have made the news except for the Metrolink crash. I know of two LAPD cars that have hit it. It's always the vehicle's fault, usually stopped inside the crossing gate area at a light and they (vehicle) get clipped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts