Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bridge work prompts closures near Ludlow

By Melissa Pinion-Whitt
Created: 07/28/2009 09:55:04 AM PDT

Construction on a $3 million bridge repair project continues today east of Ludlow, resulting in all-day lane closures, Caltrans officials said.

The project includes the repair of girders on eight bridges. One lane will be closed for construction at Haller Bridge, but workers will leave another lane open. The work is estimated to last four weeks. Drivers with oversized loads should contact Caltrans Transportation Permits, (909) 383-4637.

· Administrator
11,501 Posts
Why is it that the I40 between Barstow and Needles is the eternal ongoing repair project? Or is it my imagination that they have been working on this road and closing lanes continually since the 1980's?

I don't recall this level of repair ever on the I15 or the I10 or.... :)sphss

Reality

· I don't feel tardy
837 Posts
Why is it that the I40 between Barstow and Needles is the eternal ongoing repair project? Or is it my imagination that they have been working on this road and closing lanes continually since the 1980's?

Reality
Obama creating jobs & shit.:)hand
And what is up with the roadway to bridge transitions? :|err

· Old Skool Member
6,086 Posts

Reality
It sure seems that way doesn't it. Get it over with already :|err

· Administrator
11,501 Posts
Obama creating jobs & shit.:)hand
And what is up with the roadway to bridge transitions? :|err
This all started when Obama was just a little shitter in Hawaii or wherever (you know pre-community organizer days).

Why is this road so in need of decades long major repairs vs other roads?

· Administrator
11,501 Posts
It sure seems that way doesn't it. Get it over with already :|err
I traveled this road a lot in the 80's and 90's and there was always some major project goin on, lane closure drama etc.

· I don't feel tardy
837 Posts
This all started when Obama was just a little shitter in Hawaii or wherever (you know pre-community organizer days).

It is justification for taking over and making Route 66 obsolete.;)

· Boat Bling Distributor
65 Posts
i dont think the i-40 opened till around 1967-68 i can remember when it took 4.5 to 5 hours to get to the needless from claremont on route 66 so .

so my thaughts would be paving maintantce along with the 100 or so bridiges from barstow to needles that they must erthquake proof because of out dated

· I'm baaaaack...
4,238 Posts
Except that with delays on the original project the old one finished just as the new one started:|err

· Registered
5,685 Posts

Its retarded. They keep fixing the the areas that don't need repaired. The Beginning of the 40 to a few miles passed Newberry Springs is beaten up pretty bad. And there is one bridge near Essex Rd that is like the whoop section at supercross. Other than that, Stop wasting our tax dollars, and move to more important and needed projects!

· Wade & Denise
1,994 Posts

Reality
X2! Better yet why do they close the rest stops in the summer? I go out to Havasu & Kingman (in-laws) all year long & they are never closed during the winter! What Gives????

· Registered
113 Posts
Its retarded. They keep fixing the the areas that don't need repaired. The Beginning of the 40 to a few miles passed Newberry Springs is beaten up pretty bad. And there is one bridge near Essex Rd that is like the whoop section at supercross. Other than that, Stop wasting our tax dollars, and move to more important and needed projects!
I know exactly which bridge that is my trailer almost looked like it was jumping from bump to bump it was so bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.