Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
hello froam croatia
i have a engine block 3970020
it was rebuild this year
i want more power and i looked for this
http://www.cpperformance.com/p-12380-small-block-chevy-v8-dual-carburetor-tunnel-ram-bottom.aspx
and
http://www.cpperformance.com/p-12381-small-block-chevy-v8-dual-carburetor-tunnel-ram-top.aspx

can i set this tunnel ram on my engine ?
i would set there two holley carbs
i think, if your looking for a T/R for a SBC, you can do alot better than that!...if you check the ads on here & on www. Racingjunk.com & EBay & a few other sites, you can find what your looking for...just remember, its gonna cost you $$$ to have it sent to Croatia!!!! :)...just saying my .02 cents :)

FastRat

·
Blown, OHBA Member
2,811 Posts
the casting # say its a 200 hp 307 sbc. If you want more power I would look for a larger motor. And damn son, can you even get any parts where your at for an american made hot rod. i dont think your gona have Napa know how where your at.

Good luck with your endevor

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the casting # say its a 200 hp 307 sbc. If you want more power I would look for a larger motor. And damn son, can you even get any parts where your at for an american made hot rod. i dont think your gona have Napa know how where your at.

Good luck with your endevor
307 is a 5.0l engine
but this is 5.7 engine

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Tunnel Rams power ranges depending on the CID, the smaller the higher, in the middle rpm ranges. Lets use 4000 rpm. This is an Inboard/Outboard I am assuming so you have a pretty much a fixed gear ratio and only prop changes can raise and lower rpm. An I/O must be able to go from idle 900 rpm to 5800 rpm or so without a gear change. The best 2 scenerios to do this is CID or positive manifold pressure, ie Blower.

If you put that tunnel ram on you are going to have trouble getting the boat "moving" because you will have moved the powerband up.

A good dual plane intake like an Airgap would be a better choice.

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Please tell us:
Boat manufacturer + model /size / weight / performance bottom or ?????
Current engine build now - carb, intake, heads, cam, compression
What exhaust ?

What speed does it run now and what rpm ? What type prop and what size ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i buy the tunnel ram edelbrock 7110
witch carb i need
450, 600, 650 , 750 cfm
and what brand
holley ederbrock or something else
i am lokking on ebay

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
you know bolting that ram & 2 carbs on your motor IS NOT going to give
you what you want, and putting a bigger prop on it is only gonna make things worse... if you read the edelbrock description of their part, from what I can remember, it said : rpm range- 3000-7000 WHERE LOW END
TORQUE IS NOT A PRIME FACTOR! should have listened to cstraub a
couple of posts back, he was steering you in the right direction:)sphss

1 - 18 of 18 Posts