Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home one day i see this old power wheel jeep sitting in the trash. I already have one of these but it's the barbie one and since the girls drive it i cant mess with it. I grab the jeep, bring it home, spray it black, and wire it up for two batterys. I've upgraded my soons 6V quads to 12V when he was younger but never have upgraded a 12v jeep to 24v. The jeeps are setup for two speeds, slow and fast. Slow is now what fast was... and fast is faster. I found another shifter dealio on ebay for 5 bucks. I want to see if i can slap another battery in it to bump up to 36V and put it on 3 stages (12v, 24v, 36v).

My son loves it. :)devil
http://unix-scripts.com/hb/uploads/jeep1.wmv

Figured i'd share since dyno section is a bit slow....

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
that is way cool:)devilnice vid of the boy

·
Registered
435 Posts
My sons bigfoot truck was cool, well until he drove it down a flight of stairs leading up from the yard to the house, he was fine...after a while and my wife well she of course felt it was all my fault. Hey no one picked me up, i had to lay there on my own.:D

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,075 Posts
Looks like FUN...

TOM THE TOOL-MAN TAYLOR...Would PROULD of you. Get Jr. to be especially aware of parked cars and their BUMPERS. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Cool how he spun it out at the end of the block.. Might wanna add a roll bar next..:)sphss

·
Registered
436 Posts
electric jeep

I bought my son one for christmas 5 years ago. I put diagonal rows of sheet metal screws in each rear tire, 50 each. I made a huge difference in how well it worked in grass and ice. I also put a 25 pound plate behind the seat and it really dug in the ice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts