Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have friends still without power in NJ and PA. Flipping NJ told non union crews that they aren't welcome.

My friends quote " Same thing happened for 911. Any volunteer not certain unions were sent home.

I DONT HAVE POWER. I COULD CARE LESS IF THE GUY GIVING ME POWER BACK HAS A CARD!!!!!!!!! "

Nonunion Ala. crews turned away from Sandy recovery - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

The people not waiting for the unions will recover quicker while the fat cat union boys want all the OT , putting themselves and $$$$$ before others safety.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Everybody knows there's not a qualified worker anywhere that does not have a union card in his pocket. Just ask Bobby 1986.
Once again, we can thank unions for nothing but protecting their own union!

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Everybody knows there's not a qualified worker anywhere that does not have a union card in his pocket. Just ask Bobby 1986.
Once again, we can thank unions for nothing but protecting their own union!
Don't worry Doc. SCE from So Cal is sending plenty of union help to get the lights on quick and safely. :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
499 Posts
People over there are in bad shape over there!! After about three days, people start to get desperate... We need people fixing the problem, not making more of them like this Union crap!!!
Unbelievable!!!! This would have never happened 20+ years ago.... Truly amazing what we are living thru.... It's embarrassing as a country!!!

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Tell that to my friends that are without power. It's easy to believe that when you're far removed from the reality over 3000 miles away. It happens every year, not just because of Sandy.

Wouldn't you want your freinds safe and without power for a ittle longer then have someone come who didn't know what they were doing and cause more harm. Electrical is scary stuff, its not plumbing work. A freind of mine was killed a few months ago by just 110v in his attic due to bad wiring. Some companies / employees are not certified to work on certain projects.

Gov. Christies office is denying this claim anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Wouldn't you want your freinds safe and without power for a ittle longer then have someone come who didn't know what they were doing and cause more harm. Electrical is scary stuff, its not plumbing work. A freind of mine was killed a few months ago by just 110v in his attic due to bad wiring. Some companies / employees are not certified to work on certain projects.

Give me a fucking break. Just because you have a union card doesn't make you qualified to take a shit!!!! I know many union and non-union. I've know just as many pieces of shit that are union. In fact I know more that half ass it because they're union!!!

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Give me a fucking break. Just because you have a union card doesn't make you qualified to take a shit!!!! I know many union and non-union. I've know just as many pieces of shit that are union. In fact I know more that half ass it because they're union!!!
Thank you Mr Know-It-All...:happy:

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Refer to my friends quote. To tell you the truth, union guys working around the clock on little sleep isn't too comforting either.

Thats why truck drivers have logs . Saftey first....not union OT.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
339 Posts
x 10!!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Thank you Mr Know-It-All...:happy:
Its been my experience that private is usually more efficient and better quality than union labor. Just a pure fact that those that have to perform to keep thier jobs do just that. those that are protected and guaranteed the same raise regardless of performance. Not to say there are not union workers that turn out excellent work. Just farther and fewer in between.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its been my experience that private is usually more efficient and better quality than union labor. Just a pure fact that those that have to perform to keep thier jobs do just that. those that are protected and guaranteed the same raise regardless of performance. Not to say there are not union workers that turn out excellent work. Just farther and fewer in between.
Exactly. Union sends 8 people to do 1 mans job.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The Doctor;1739295[COLOR=#FF0000 said:
Once again, we can thank unions for nothing but protecting their own union![/COLOR]
Doc you forgot how vital the unions were in gathering names off of headstones at cemeteries in that early 1960 presidential election.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wouldn't you want your friends safe and without power for a ittle longer then have someone come who didn't know what they were doing and cause more harm. Electrical is scary stuff, its not plumbing work. A friend of mine was killed a few months ago by just 110v in his attic due to bad wiring. Some companies / employees are not certified to work on certain projects.

I agree, I have a more then a few friends out there right now and really wouldn't want guys who have not gone through a proven apprenticeship working with the high voltage stuff. One mistake could cost more than a few lives and make the repairs take longer. I don't support a lot of unions but this line of work a guy only gets to make one mistake and it could cost themselves and possibly a few others their lives.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree, I have a more then a few friends out there right now and really wouldn't want guys who have not gone through a proven apprenticeship working with the high voltage stuff. One mistake could cost more than a few lives and make the repairs take longer. I don't support a lot of unions but this line of work a guy only gets to make one mistake and it could cost themselves and possibly a few others their lives.
Who says a union apprenticeship is any better than any private schooling. I must of missed those facts.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Exactly. Union sends 8 people to do 1 mans job.
Perhaps you should run out there and make the repairs yourself. I've heard women work a lot smarter and harder than men, for less pay no less. You should do great. ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Who says a union apprenticeship is any better than any private schooling. I must of missed those facts.
The death count of lineman, that's who. Any more uninformed replies today? High voltage is not bolting on a wheel on an assembly line.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I've spent the last 39 years in construction, 30+ as either a superintendent or a contractor and 75% of it has been in the commercial arena. I have seen as many equally qualified non union as union electricians. The main difference is pay ......

1 - 20 of 57 Posts