Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Expect inflation to increase and your dollar to be less.
Hell, why not huh. I just heard that our present administration will leave office with a half a Trillion dollar deficit so whats another billion or so gonna matter. :)hand NSF

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell, why not huh. I just heard that our present administration will leave office with a half a Trillion dollar deficit so whats another billion or so gonna matter. :)hand NSF
This isn't directed at Bush, as i am a supporter.

Both parties now are just doing whatever they need to do to set up elections. They are both giving in on issues they would normally stand firm on.

U

·
0 Posts

Both parties now are just doing whatever they need to do to set up elections. They are both giving in on issues they would normally stand firm on.

Bush approved this, didn't he?

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
The establishment of this fund is unfortunatly the only way out of the housing mess.
The bottom is near.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
"The measure includes $15 billion in tax cuts, including a significant expansion of the low-income housing tax credit and a credit of up to $7,500 for first-time home buyers for houses purchased between April 9, 2008, and July 1, 2009."

WOOT! WOOT! I'm ready to jump back in!!!!!!!!!:)devil

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
The establishment of this fund is unfortunatly the only way out of the housing mess.
The bottom is near.
The bottom is near........hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

U

·
0 Posts
And your democratic congress wrote it, didn't they?

Conservative Republicans were vehemently opposed to the bill, particularly the help for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Critics charge the companies enjoy lavish profits in good times and wield their outsized political clout to resist regulation while depending on the government to bail them out should they falter.

Except Bush of course :)hand

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080730/ap_on_go_pr_wh/housing_bill

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
"The measure includes $15 billion in tax cuts, including a significant expansion of the low-income housing tax credit and a credit of up to $7,500 for first-time home buyers for houses purchased between April 9, 2008, and July 1, 2009."

WOOT! WOOT! I'm ready to jump back in!!!!!!!!!:)devil
So they are going to print more money and encourage people to buy homes in a still down market? That makes no sense to me and seems like they are trying to create ANOTHER bubble.

The economy sucks and you can't just print more money to fix it. That's the whole reason we got into this mess in the first place!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
So they are going to print more money and encourage people to buy homes in a still down market? That makes no sense to me and seems like they are trying to create ANOTHER bubble.

The economy sucks and you can't just print more money to fix it. That's the whole reason we got into this mess in the first place!

No, giving money to stupid people got us into this position.

If you take a look at your market place and see a 30% price decline what's another 10%. About what it'll cost to you live a year.

I don't suggest anyone try to time the bottom. You won't know it turned until it's too late. We still have another year but 30% represents the bulk of the decline in price.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Conservative Republicans were vehemently opposed to the bill, particularly the help for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Critics charge the companies enjoy lavish profits in good times and wield their outsized political clout to resist regulation while depending on the government to bail them out should they falter.

Except Bush of course :)hand

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080730/ap_on_go_pr_wh/housing_bill
We live in the land of NOW (as in I want it now mommy), not America. People want relief now and they dont care what the cost is, that is Bush gave in to at the end (my opinion only).

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
Expect inflation to increase and your dollar to be less.
Weak US Dollar will keep oil prices high.

If anything, I hope it helps some on the PB and RDP & HD boards keep their ships afloat.

·
Registered
255 Posts
No, giving money to stupid people got us into this position.

If you take a look at your market place and see a 30% price decline what's another 10%. About what it'll cost to you live a year.

I don't suggest anyone try to time the bottom. You won't know it turned until it's too late. We still have another year but 30% represents the bulk of the decline in price.
So, you are saying this is the bottom of the housing market? Are you a realtor by chance?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts

Didnt direct it at anybody just stating a fact but if you think Bush is doing/done a good job then youre in the minority. What is his approval rating, like below 30%??? Before you say it I'm an independent, and all I want is for this country to go in a better direction, dont care what party it is either. Nuff said! NSF

U

·
0 Posts
Didnt direct it at anybody just stating a fact but if you think Bush is doing/done a good job then youre in the minority. What is his approval rating, like below 30%??? Before you say it I'm an independent, and all I want is for this country to go in a better direction, dont care what party it is either. Nuff said! NSF

The biggest issue I have with some of this is:

When you print more money, the value of the exsisting money goes down. This is a fact no matter how you view any of this.

Printing more money is never the answer, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The biggest issue I have with some of this is:

When you print more money, the value of the exsisting money goes down. This is a fact no matter how you view any of this.

Printing more money is never the answer, IMHO.
You are correct, which will reflect in the prices at the pump like TPC said.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts