Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Damage Inc
415 Posts
Have a good time Brian.
Last year we switched to Indy, well worth it IMO.
Rossi could really put his stamp on this year at Laguna.
Maybe Stoner will give him a go.
Hopefully Hayden turns it around right now!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Skipping this year. Would have liked to go to Indy but that did not work out either. I really hope Hayden can make something happen but at this point the only hope for a USA victory at Laguna would be Edwards, but he does not have the balls to push it anymore.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Not making it this year. We have made many trips up on our bikes over the years, but just too busy this time around. As for Indy, there is no comparison as far as the track is concerned. Laguna is one of the best to watch, and Indy is just another lame infield track. Plus the ride up the 1 is always a great time.

Darrell.

·
Damage Inc
415 Posts
I've been going to Laguna since the Champion Spark Plug 200 days.
SCRAMP could learn everything from Indy on how to hold a race. During practice last year, Nicky was 75' from us leaving 4th gear blackies, absolutely astonishing the speed and control. The track was billiard table smooth.
45 minutes before the race, the main straight was under 4" of water. The track crews had jet dryers out and had it ready to race on time.

At Laguna, you are lucky if the track will hold a motorcycle once it reaches 105 deg air temp. Hate to sit in the heat for two days and find out the race is cancelled...

I'm no LS hater, but I've done my share of 105 degree weekends, when they run out of parking, water, bathrooms, then threaten the race.

This year it is still cheaper for us to go to Indy and watch than ride the 4 hours to Monterey for the weekend.

Not making it this year. We have made many trips up on our bikes over the years, but just too busy this time around. As for Indy, there is no comparison as far as the track is concerned. Laguna is one of the best to watch, and Indy is just another lame infield track. Plus the ride up the 1 is always a great time.

Darrell.

·
Resident Legal Counsel
53 Posts
Moto gp

Wouldn't miss it for the world----This track is one of the premier venues for a Moto GP event. IMHO By far better than Indy as far as courses go.

Although I am a Nicky Hayden fan, I feel he is still struggling with the Desmosedici GP9 set up. He has however cracked the top ten in each of the last 2 events---a 10th in Catalunya and an 8th in Assen.

With Valentino Rossi we are witnessing history. With his record 8 championships (with 2 different manufacturers) and now 100 GP wins, he has proven that he is no fluke. You'd be hard pressed to see another champion of this caliber anytime in the near future.

The question is can Stoner beat him at Laguna this year.

·
Damage Inc
415 Posts
Clearly Nicky is still struggling. The new bike has helped him somewhat, but 8's and 10's won't save his career. It sucks because everyone likes him.

Stoner probably won't have much, he is still sick as hell, but we can hope.
Look for Lorenzo, and with luck and grit, Edwards to challenge.

Wouldn't miss it for the world----This track is one of the premier venues for a Moto GP event. IMHO By far better than Indy as far as courses go.

Although I am a Nicky Hayden fan, I feel he is still struggling with the Desmosedici GP9 set up. He has however cracked the top ten in each of the last 2 events---a 10th in Catalunya and an 8th in Assen.

With Valentino Rossi we are witnessing history. With his record 8 championships (with 2 different manufacturers) and now 100 GP wins, he has proven that he is no fluke. You'd be hard pressed to see another champion of this caliber anytime in the near future.

The question is can Stoner beat him at Laguna this year.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'll gladly take the heat, crowds and prices to watch Moto GP at a world class track. Infield courses can never hold a candle to LS, Mid Ohio, or any of the other great road courses out there. Having been to Fontana, vegas ect, there simply is no comparison. And like earlier stated, the "journey", end the entire experiance, is what makes LS so special. It's usually a 6 day adventure for us.

Darrell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.