Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a jet-away to a stealth now it seem I need to pull the motor back about an 1” to 1 1/2” or forward about the same (can’t seem to find or have a driveline made where I would not Have to move it). Motor sits at 24” from transom now would it be better to set it back or move it ahead? Thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
East county drive shafts makes them and there only 4 miles away from Lenco ,hell use your existing shaft and make sure you got the 1/4 inch play in there, around 120/160 bucks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
East county drive shafts makes them and there only 4 miles away from Lenco ,hell use your existing shaft and make sure you got the 1/4 inch play in there, around 120/160 bucks
With the driveline I have its 13.5” end to end I need 9”, driveline shop said they could not make it 9” needs to be about 10.5 end to end, that will slide the motor forward approx 1.5” if I buy a 1350 they measure 8” end to end, if I can’t get a 9” would it be better to slide the motor forward or back? Or does that small amount matter, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
With the driveline I have its 13.5” end to end I need 9”, driveline shop said they could not make it 9” needs to be about 10.5 end to end, that will slide the motor forward approx 1.5” if I buy a 1350 they measure 8” end to end, if I can’t get a 9” would it be better to slide the motor forward or back? Or does that small amount matter, Thanks.
Bobby..If Papp set that boat up I wouldn't make to many changes

·
Registered
597 Posts
ECDS cuts the ends off and re welds and balances and new shaft it's pretty straight forward

·
Registered
597 Posts
Heres a 6 inch shaft correct way to measure others measure a way only Einstein can figure out and you still need a 1/4 inch play or bye bye thrust bearing and crank.and I have a pic of the last one made for me a tad longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Table looks good but tired
:))THumbsUp
I would buy a new one but kinda broke from sitting home with this injury, the boat is 100% done just waiting to splash and still looking for a gently used Life Line jacket ,back to the drive line guy he needs to stick the yolk in and measure the remaining distance get a overall measurement minus a 1/4" and have one made easy peasy

·
Registered
597 Posts
I brought the one I have in to a shop to have the ends cut of and shorten but the best the guy said that it would need to be 10.5”
End of metal to end of metal is how you measured it ,Am I correct ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
End of metal to end of metal is how you measured it ,Am I correct ?
No, I was calling end to end from the flange that bolt to the PTO to the slip yoke where it would butt the snap ring on the jetaway, I think the motor is moved back to accommodate a back seat so moving it forward is not an issue, Thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
No, I was calling end to end from the flange that bolt to the PTO to the slip yoke where it would butt the snap ring on the jetaway, I think the motor is moved back to accommodate a back seat so moving it forward is not an issue, Thanks.
Post a pick with a tape measure showing the actual measurement how your measuring it cause your measuring wrong ,measurement should be from center of universal joint to center of universal joint like my pick I posted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts