Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use AN fittings on my pump to motor water supply hose. I just want an idea and maybe some pictures of how others have done this. What size hose, type of tee ect.....

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
I believe at the pump(berk) its 3/8 npt. I ran hard line pipe to gate valve/garden hose washout fitting... opening it up to 1/2 /-10 to run 5/8 hose. My T is centered under H balancer mounted to front motor mount. All fittings are earls including the T. The fittings are slip on with heat shrink over the red cap to resemble the spark plug wires.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Hoses...

My pump is out to 1/2 NPT, so I run a 1/2 pipe with fittings through the gate valve, from there it's 3/4" ID (-12) to a "Y" (flows better than a "T") to two 5/8ths ID (-10) into the engine, with two 1/2" (-8) out to exhaust.... With headers, the exit line(s) is "T"'d off to the exhaust trees through a pressure "T" and those lines are 1/2" stainless hard lines... I ALSO have two more dumps that go through cable operated ball valves to overboard as required to regulate water to/in the headers...
Basically, you want a larger line feeding two smaller ones coming from the pump, 3/4 to two 5/8ths going in. How you chose to dump it is up to you.... I would say to use a "Y" rather than a "T" for incoming water.....
Ray

·
Registered
377 Posts
I used 1/2 inch hose from the pump to the engine, and to the headers (Also have a regulator right off the pump with a 1/2 inch dump line). Used 5/8 for the thermostat outlet. Think most of my fittings came from Summit. I also used some PEX clamps on any on the fittings that I couldn't easily see just in case, even though those barbed fittings aren't supposed to leak. Have a spare hose that I keep under the seat with fittings installed in case any hose springs a leak, it will replace any hose on there except the outlet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
I want to use AN fittings on my pump to motor water supply hose. I just want an idea and maybe some pictures of how others have done this. What size hose, type of tee ect.....

Do you have TA plates or the Transom box ??

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Plate..... I'm just trying to make it look better. It all works fine other than I think I need two exit lines or pressure regulator just to make sure I'm not putting to much pressure I'n the motor.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts

Plate..... I'm just trying to make it look better. It all works fine other than I think I need two exit lines or pressure regulator just to make sure I'm not putting to much pressure I'n the motor.

Get with Wide Track, he can hook you up. He done his last year ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have 1 in and 2 outs. Plus a pressure relief.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
motor water supply

I was told to just run -8, or 1/2 lines. I have a 3/8 off of pump right into a ball valve, runs up to just under front of motor then tees up. One line off of intake goes to a Basset tee with a gate valve to help regulate, and to turn off or on water to headers if the police are around. Other line goes to dump. All fittings are polished aluminum from Summit. I blew a line once and almost loss the boat! Overkill is good here. Water leaks....BAD!! motor 4.jpg

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I run one in, two outs with no pressure regulator. On the exit side one of the outs was T'd to the Bassett t. I wanted warm water entering the exhaust so it would steam easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts