Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M/Y A is 5,500 ton luxury yacht, named simply "A", was photographed lying off Rivö this morning, 10 June 2009, in rather wet weather. Owned by Russion multi-millionaire Andrei Melnichenko, she was designed by Philippe Starck. Mr. Melnichenko is 37 years old, resident in Moscow, the 158th richest person in the world and is married to former Miss Jugoslavia, Aleksandra Nicolic Melnichenko. Built in 2008, 118 m long, 5,500 tons displacement, 2 x 12,240 hp engines, max. speed 23 knots, crew of 42.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&um=1

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
That thing is SICK!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That dude that went to Europe took some pics of that thing I think. (Sorry I'm new so I don't know anybody by name. haha)

·
Registered
322 Posts
not sure if that thing is sick or ugly, but I'm sure it get's attention wherever it goes:))eek:))

Look like you give up a lot of deck space with that design, and I don't see a place for my helicopter to land?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
37 year old Russian business man......yeah, "business" alright.

--------------------------

After viewing socal87's thread we also saw Steve Wynn on 48 hours or some show like that. WOW, poking a hole in that 130million dollar painting; I can only imagine what his yacht cost. :D

·
Premium Member
173 Posts

After viewing socal87's thread we also saw Steve Wynn on 48 hours or some show like that. WOW, poking a hole in that 130million dollar painting; I can only imagine what his yacht cost. :D
One of his crew told us that he bought his yacht "Allegro" a few years back for 50 million.. Hes currently trying to sell it and is taking a big hit on it.. I think hes selling it for something like 25 million.. But I guess thats not a big hit for somebody of that wealth..

Great thread.. Glad you liked the pictures..

·
Registered
5,487 Posts

No xxit. Beautiful boat though.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
His money came from oil...currently loosing his a$$...went from $29B to less that $4B in liquid assets...had to sell a few of his fleet...:)hand

1 - 20 of 23 Posts