Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice and pictures on the best way to mount fenders on a road trailer for a drag hydro. The trailer I have is similar to an Ellis where the inside of the fenders should have a vinyl covered pad. Attached is a pic of the trailer when I got it, it needs new fenders. What are some good options for chrome or stainless fenders like these and how to mount them in a clean way. Anyone have pics of an Ellis or similar trailer they can post?
Wood Grass Bumper Automotive exterior Bench

· Registered
234 Posts
Looking at the limited view in your photo, it looks like the fenders are welded to the backing plate. that being the case, I would say grind the welds attaching the existing fender to the backing plate and remove them. At that point, I would look at maybe fabbing some tabs to use as attachment points between the backing plate and the replacement fenders. You could drill and bolt the tabs to both the plate and the fender nice and clean. Once you install the new fender pads, you'll never know they are there. And if you ever damage a fender, replacement will be easy.

· Registered
242 Posts
You're current mounting is the correct method. A1/4 inch backing plate welded to the trailer frame. Get the new fenders and if they do not match the curvature of the 1/4 inch plate, reconfigure the plate to match.
Then like Heatseeker said ( I would look at maybe fabbing some tabs to use as attachment points between the backing plate and the replacement fenders. You could drill and bolt the tabs to both the plate and the fender nice and clean. Once you install the new fender pads, you'll never know they are there. And if you ever damage a fender, replacement will be easy.)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts