Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a new job (commercial roofing sales) April 1 in Manteca. Want to bring the boat up soon (29' Baja Outlaw) and boat Nor Cal. Anyone know where the closest launch ramp for the Delta is? Can't wait to run up there!

·
Some guys never learn.
658 Posts
One more thing. Be sure to buy a Delta map and do not let your gas tank get below half even if you are only a few miles from your trailer. OK, that's 2 things but they are important.

·
IDGAF
2,872 Posts
Welcome chili pepper, There is a big group of guys who boat on the delta.. I come down from sac, so I will let one of them give you some ideas that are close from your end.. Youll love the delta. Watch the DLB threads for when we are going out and come join us......welcome to NORCAL

NIce Ford also

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Not sure exactly where I'll be living yet. The company is going to rent a house for me but will be in a hotel for the first month (Plus I have to do Desert Storm before I bring the boat up). I will be on the road a lot (with a company truck and gas card! :)devil) so don't have to be in manteca but probably within a 1/2 to 1 hour drive from there. I think that would give me a lot to choose from. Anyone know of any good rental houses available (need minimum 2 car garage and RV / Boat access)?

I have friends that have run The Delta but I've never been on it. Looks like a blast but will have to keep an eye on the GPS!

I'll check the site here when I get up there. May want to do a ride-a-long with someone on the Delta before I run my boat (I'll pay gas & lunch!) so I learn the area a little bit. How far is it to the bay? How is it running out past Golden Gate? I hear it can get pretty nasty.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mossdale off of highway 5 would be pretty close.

Check this web page

http://www.boatharborslocator.com/sac_delta_san_joaquin.htm

You also want to check out Lake Don Pedro about 1:15 east of Manteca on 120.

Wow, looks like a ton of launch ramps! How about the "hot" spots? Discovery Bay is the big one right? Isn't there another, Lost Ilse or something? Really looking forward to places on the water where I can tie up and get a nice meal, something that is sorely lacking on Mead.

·
Trying to Re-Member
794 Posts
Wow, looks like a ton of launch ramps! How about the "hot" spots? Discovery Bay is the big one right? Isn't there another, Lost Ilse or something? Really looking forward to places on the water where I can tie up and get a nice meal, something that is sorely lacking on Mead.
There are tons of great spots on the Delta including the ones you mentioned. It takes about an hour or so to run to the bay and there are lots of spots to pull in and eat, drink, and be merry there also. You'll have no problem going out the gate with your 29 Baja just watch the weather, tides, and take along 2 operating communication devices. No problem hitching a ride for your first trips in the Delta just follow acatatude's advice :)devil Welcome to our world :)hand

·
Northern CA DCB Sales
1,230 Posts
Warm welcome from the DLB! See you at Desert Storm. Look in Disco for a water front rental. Nothing better than your boat right in your backyard!:)devil

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Warm welcome from the DLB! See you at Desert Storm. Look in Disco for a water front rental. Nothing better than your boat right in your backyard!:)devil
That would be bad azz! Have my boat docked in back of the house. Do they have places like that, docks and slips with boat lifts? And if so, would they have a garage too? Wonder how much something like that would run. Need to keep this somewhere.

·
Northern CA DCB Sales
1,230 Posts
Discovery Bay has hundreds of waterfront homes with your own private dock in the back. Your boat can stay on a hydro hoist in a covered slip! Put the empty trailer in storage near by. I live on the golf course in Disco but have my boat on a lift behind a friends house (Tunnel T) in the summer. I'm sure someone hear can post pics.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yahoo Maps says it's only 32 miles from Discovery Bay to Manteca. That would be very do-able. I'll be up there Mar 17 - 22 to look around a bit and will have to check it out. Maybe somebody has a line on a place there? ;)

Oh, another question: I'm used to year around boating. How is the winter up there? Do I have to winterize the boat? In So Cal we never had to do anything and here in Vegas I just put a work light under the engine hatch if it's going to be cold.

·
Trying to Re-Member
794 Posts
Yahoo Maps says it's only 32 miles from Discovery Bay to Manteca. That would be very do-able. I'll be up there Mar 17 - 22 to look around a bit and will have to check it out. Maybe somebody has a line on a place there? ;)

Oh, another question: I'm used to year around boating. How is the winter up there? Do I have to winterize the boat? In So Cal we never had to do anything and here in Vegas I just put a work light under the engine hatch if it's going to be cold.
Post when you're coming up, I'm sure one of the Disco Bay dlb boys will give you a tour.

We boat into November usually and try to get on the water a couple of times before March.....then it's on! Usually doesn't freeze, a lightbulb under the hatch will do it. C-ya :)hand

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Welcome aboard!!

If my company was paying the tab, Disco would be the only place I would be looking:D

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
if you do move to manteca be very careful where you rent. lots of shit area's
:):)punch

·
Northern CA DCB Sales
1,230 Posts
CPG PM me and I can get you intouch with Rayzor. If his house is available you should check it out. Nice point lot.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts