Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any one can spot an issue i may have down the road pertaning to the mounting location of my msd box. I want to mount it on the inside of my rear seat mount. It will be under the seat mounted to the 2x4 frame that the rear seat sits on. I do not see an issue with it but i have heard from local peeps that it will work and others say no go? :)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
why did they say it wont work? as long as your have long enough wires whats the issue?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Should be fine as long as it wont submerge if you take on water. Also seems important with these to have dedicated power and ground wires to the battery and use the vibration mounts.

·
Administrator
16,895 Posts
Search the jet section about MSD mounting. Several pics posted recently for mounting locations.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why did they say it wont work? as long as your have long enough wires whats the issue?
They are saying it will get hot??? WTF i do not get that one.
They say it will get wet and i do not know about you guys but i really do not plan on driving my boat with 4" or so of water in it?? if i do take a little wake over the dash i do not see it hurting it at all. I just wanted to confirm my gut that it would a ok there.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should be fine as long as it wont submerge if you take on water. Also seems important with these to have dedicated power and ground wires to the battery and use the vibration mounts.
Will do squirt..
I have that carb ready whenever your bro wants it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
no one plans to have 4'' of water in the boat,but $H!T happens and when it does you need the msd to work.
my flats been under water 2 times by getting swamped by big cruisers and both times they kept going. oh ya first time was 22 years ago with my soon to be wife, she still married me but it was the last time she road in the other woman as she calls it. boat still has same msd box in it. 6m box mounted to cyl heads.

also i have had plenty of water in my flat at times and sometimes i have to be real aggressive on the throttle and trim tab to survive some of the wakes
on weekends. three bilge pumps and a 5'' splash guard. i aint going down without a fight!:D

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
They are saying it will get hot??? WTF i do not get that one.
They say it will get wet and i do not know about you guys but i really do not plan on driving my boat with 4" or so of water in it?? if i do take a little wake over the dash i do not see it hurting it at all. I just wanted to confirm my gut that it would a ok there.

I would just run it. then again i did just bum a 4 mile tow a couple of weeks ago..:)sphss

1 - 14 of 14 Posts