Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I run a BTM box, but now have it blocked off. The problem is the BTM box will retard it too much when you start making boost. Now I run my turbo motor locked at 29 degrees.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Official Test Driver
863 Posts
6m or equiv box is fine. No need for all that retard stuff when running full load. Proper tuning is the key.

Sent from My Boostpower Marine Efi Beacon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess i won't buy one! Lol thank you. It was going to be added safety as I dont have waste gates. Summit said it was discontinued. Lol I'll look into the better msd. Alot going on w trans swap too so was trying to save a little.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll be fine without it. Enjoy!

Sent from My Boostpower Marine Efi Beacon.
I bought the msd6al2. Worked awesome. Started at 38deg and pulled out 10 at 8 lbs. I don't want to hurt it! Run 110 in my bow tank and 100/91 in the sides. It's much better cruising and maybe just piece of mind when WOT. Has iron Chevy heads w some work done. So my weak link for now. I have no afr or waste gates.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I bought the msd6al2. Worked awesome. Started at 38deg and pulled out 10 at 8 lbs. I don't want to hurt it! Run 110 in my bow tank and 100/91 in the sides. It's much better cruising and maybe just piece of mind when WOT. Has iron Chevy heads w some work done. So my weak link for now. I have no afr or waste gates.
Comparing the 6AL2 to a TBM is like comparing a Iphone to a bargin basement flip phone. Actually worse.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Comparing the 6AL2 to a TBM is like comparing a Iphone to a bargin basement flip phone. Actually worse.
Yeah, but you still cant go fishin with those phones like you can with the old hand crank magneto phones, they dont make near enough power :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts