Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of these in the garage. It's for a tall deck with slip/adjustable collar. Will this fit on a standard deck with a Dart manifold or does it not adjust that far? I would like to have this thing checked out and tuned up if needed. Do I send it back to MSD or somewhere else? Think I read that you don't want to send them back to MSD but not sure. Distributor was pulled off my last motor and replaced with a new one because when I freshened up the motor it was acting weird and the shop that did the work was having troubleshooting the problem. Turned out it wasn't the the distributor but would still like to have it checked out before using it just in case.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will fit your set up with no problem. There isn't much that goes wrong with the dizzy. Only part that can fail is the pickup. Can't imagine you have enough hours on it to worry about things like bearings and bushings and advance weights. About all that is left is cap and rotor. I'd drop in and run it.
Boat had about 100 hours on it when I freshened up the motor. Good to hear I will try it out as is. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts