Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my MSD 6AL to a 6 Digital plus and was wondering why the timing jumped 4* does anyone know what causes this? WT:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
seen it before coby, even when you add a retard box to em they'll change alil on ya.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I have been told! Live and learn! Thanks! WT:)devil

·
Distinguished Member
5,775 Posts
We ran the digital 6 in our race car. Great ignition and never had a bit of trouble with it over about 6 years use. Can't really comment about the timing change since we went to the MSD digital 6 from another mfg's digital system.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
going from analog to digital changes it 4 degree
x2 i run the msd digital 6, has been submerged under water several times and never any issues.i love mine,plus makes it easy to run nos with the retard function.:D

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
x2 i run the msd digital 6, has been submerged under water several times and never any issues.i love mine,plus makes it easy to run nos with the retard function.:D
lol :D washed the gremlins out:p

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
yeah no shithil:)been underwater before but never like the last go around,can we say on the bottom,still making sparks,lol!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
going from analog to digital changes it 4 degree
Yes, it changes it from 3*to 4* went from 35*to 39*total! I thought that it just might be more responsive!

And Travis, didn't you say after the last DUNKIN that it ran better than it had? LOL! Maybe it lined it out! WT:)devil

Coby

·
Registered
200 Posts
Like MSD said on your post.
because of the mag threshold in the digital boxes ( and input circuit) you will see this . which is very common ..from 4 to 8 degrees.

all you have to do is reset your timing , and everything will work ok.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Yes, it changes it from 3*to 4* went from 35*to 39*total! I thought that it just might be more responsive!

And Travis, didn't you say after the last DUNKIN that it ran better than it had? LOL! Maybe it lined it out! WT:)devil

Coby

you damn skippy:)sphssor maybe its the booze,either way she a good one:D

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
you damn skippy:)sphssor maybe its the booze,either way she a good one:D
now now , bill and brian said you just sat in the boat drinking and pissing in yo pants till the sob sunk:D said you were skeered to race smokinlowrider hil:)

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
now now , bill and brian said you just sat in the boat drinking and pissing in yo pants till the sob sunk:D said you were skeered to race smokinlowrider hil:)
well the weekend it sank was on the 4th.the taylor deal was after that,and i was shaken in my piss pants over lowriderhil:)hil:)i figured why waste my time with him and the others there was no one there that could have been a interesting race with me.well dads tx,but i have run him so many times,damn it one of these times ill catch him:)sphss

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
well the weekend it sank was on the 4th.the taylor deal was after that,and i was shaken in my piss pants over lowriderhil:)hil:)i figured why waste my time with him and the others there was no one there that could have been a interesting race with me.well dads tx,but i have run him so many times,damn it one of these times ill catch him:)sphss
lol, see i knew there was some truth behind it:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts