·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Cool video.

Thanks for posting

·
Registered
128 Posts
Larry Larson's Chevy II is BAD-ASS. I have some pictures of that car on the Las Vegas strip... Street driven sub 7 second car. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Oh yeah!!!!!

:))eek:))thats what im talking about:)devilthanks for posting

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
When I saw that he still drove it on the street and it ran those big numbers too.........I knew it was a turbo car. :)bulb

·
Registered
128 Posts
That car is Hot Rod's fastest street legal car in America two years running now. Drove it 1000 miles to the event and 1000 miles home with out changing a THING. Packed the chutes, aired up the tires, and off he went. I envy ANY man that has a Lenco in his street car...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
He was sleeping on the lights.
Well he still kicked the right lanes behind, or was the right lane driver stopping to let him catch up???:D

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
More than likely he got "spanked" out of the hole because it was an bracket style race and the other guy's dial was a couple seconds slower. The tree was shaded so you couldn't see the opponents tree come down. You notice when his green came on, the other side of the tree stage lights were off. Quick 8/16 formats will have really fast cars but still be a bracket race.
A lot of the turbo guys use some serious traction control in the first part of the track. The new MSD ignition controllers have the ability to take a LOT of power out in very small time increments. They call it "riding the dots".
Several guys that race out of the same shop I do run turbo "street" cars with either 275 or 305 DOT street radial tires. They're pigs to 60's, (low 1.30's) but haul friggen ass in the second half of the track... right at 200 mph at the stripe.
Back when I was racing cars, I got to make several passes in a NHRA Pro Stock car... was just 1 full pass shy of my license. It is the COOLEST thing when you drop the clutch and the shift lite comes on less right at a second later, tug second and the light comes on again after another couple seconds. The 1/8th mile mark comes up in less than 5 seconds at mid 130's and the stripe in just over 7 seconds. Certainly not fast by today's Pro Stock numbers, but respectable back in the day... I HIGHLY recommend it (just bring a BIG checkbook!!)
Oh and I know turbo motors make big power and are the wave of the future and all that crap.... but I still think they sound GAY!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Larry's ride ran in the 6's at SCSN this year in vegas the same night he took it on the strip, SCSN IS also a heads up event for the biger classes. He runs Moran power with a 565 and a pair of GT47-88'S managed by Big Stuff 3.

For you N/A guys check out my buddy Frank Tamez GTO with a sonnys semi hemi!!

2009 WORLDS QUICKEST & FASTEST FULL BODIED CAR N/A WITH AUTO/TRANS
ET 6.33 AT 221.31 MPH 6/20/09

Travis

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts