Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What companies or sites is everyone using?

I joined Bearshare and all I can find is .wma files, Is there any way to convert them to mp3? Any sites that offer MP3's?

·
Maxwell Smartass
353 Posts
Amazon MP3 offers high quality MP3's with no DRM (you can load them on as many mp3 players or computers as you want) $0.99 per song or around $8-$9 per album.

mininova or thepiratebay also index music downloads

·
Still Boatless :-(
552 Posts
Limewire for free...ITunes for pay...

Limewire and all the free sites puts so much spyware and other malware (i.e. CRAP!) on you computers you are much better off using one of the pay sites like Itunes.

Itunes is excellent software, doesn't screw up your computer, is great for burning and storing all your music, and if you ever loose the music or videos you bought, you can download them again for free.

Quit being cheap and pay the $.99.

Ever hear the expression....."nothing is free"?? How do you think Limewire supports itself??

As the saying goes.......you pay now........or you pay (big time) later!

:)bulb:)hand:)grn

·
Registered
247 Posts
I use http://www.legalsounds.com/ and have for a long time now. Its a russian based website that charges you $.09 per song. You preload you account with like $20 bucks and everytime you download a song it deducts from your acount. No spyware, and no problems at all for me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Limewire and all the free sites puts so much spyware and other malware (i.e. CRAP!) on you computers you are much better off using one of the pay sites like Itunes.

Itunes is excellent software, doesn't screw up your computer, is great for burning and storing all your music, and if you ever loose the music or videos you bought, you can download them again for free.

Ever hear the expression....."nothing is free"?? How do you think Limewire supports itself??

I have never ended up with a virus or spyware from Bearshare wich is part of the knewtella (sp?) network, as is Limewire.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Rhapsody here. 14.95 per month, I can download whatever I want on to any ipod and listen on my computer. Unlimited downloads. If I want to burn I have to pay for it. Need to get an ipod hookup for my truck.

·
The Grand Wizard
2,912 Posts
Just order the CD and then you have the raw audio, rip it and do whatever you would like with it, it is that easy. :) You dont have to worry about a hard drive dying and losing the music you paid for.

·
Registered
953 Posts

You must own stock in ITunes...music is still free on the internet...

Get yourself some good anti malware/virus/personal firewall and figure out how to use a computer...next, figure out what to look for when searching...ie: don't download a song that is 3K when it is supposed to be 3mg.....only download MP3's...now WMA's or other..

Out of my collection of 7K songs...probably a 3rd were free and they are at least 128kb clear or higher quality....your saying pay now or pay later don't hold up on the internet....but you need to know what you doing.

I am sure you think we should all pay for the movies we share as well... :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
another option to throw out there: YAMIPOD.

If you know somebody who has a good library already on their ipod, you can use this free program to download from their ipod to your computer (vs. computer to ipod)

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts

I like this!!! :)bulb This means my 30gb Video Ipod is worth over 3 grand! I think I'm going to put it on Craigslist for 2K. Smokin' deal like that, someone will snap it up. :)devil

RTJas :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Torrent based programs are great. You can download the program either uTorrent or Bitlord for free. Then you go to sites like isohunt.com to download. Its kinda confusing but lets you download full CDs. Most of the time all of the text is already set up for you ipod too, unlike many limewire songs. You can get movies (user axxo has the most legit movies), software, and music all through this. I would recommend Bitlord to Windows XP users and Utorrent to Vista users. Once you get the hang of it, you will never buy another CD. Just wikipedia it for more info.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
As others have said, don't let Limewire scare you.
I've used it from its earliest version and have never been nailed with a virus. As mbrown said, stick to the MP3's and you'll be fine.

Programs are good too, although I run them thru a virus cleaner before cracking them open.

Spyware - yeah, it's there. But it's also on many legit sites like CNN, AOL, and most other news sites. A monthly run of Spybot and no worries.

IMO, Limewire is as good as Napster was as far as content. I have found most of the rarest 12" mixes we used to spin as DJ's back in the late 80's.

And for years I didn't buy the Pro version, but I finally did and the searches are much better, especially if yoi try them at different times throughout the day. Sometimes the network is busier at different times (a good thing, more music).

:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
And for years I didn't buy the Pro version, but I finally did and the searches are much better, especially if yoi try them at different times throughout the day. Sometimes the network is busier at different times (a good thing, more music).

:)
I use the pro version as well....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts