Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea trying to link it off my fing iPad, going to have to wait till tomorrow morning when I get to work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
thats crazy man. just thinkin about if that boat hits a roller and hooks. i would never take my little girl out like that. she means to much to me. at least she had a life vest on.

·
whats a goodtime cost?
270 Posts
thats crazy man. just thinkin about if that boat hits a roller and hooks. i would never take my little girl out like that. she means to much to me. at least she had a life vest on.
im sure he would never put his little girl in danger. plus it looked lke he was the only person on the water and it was mostly glass.

very cool, my son is 1.5 yrs old. cant wait to do that with him.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Relax dude, i was doing 23-30 and the only one on the water.
Chill.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Good Times !!!!!!

:))THumbsUp :wink2:

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
fun police. Great vid Blender, I like the one where she spouts off parts!! keep up the good work bud!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
There's two types of parents, those who enjoy their time with their children, and those that are constantly patching holes in the "bubble of life" that they keep their children in.
Funny thing is...as the bubble children get older, there will probably be a huge source of resentment toward that bubble! I think we all know how the end result generally turns out! (Bubbles pop!)
Every single parent here wishes no harm to any child, but, there are things in life that stand out in all of our minds that as children which has influenced/ molded us into what we do with ourselves today, I dont think a fascination with bubbles and or plastic is really what I want for my kid, the excitement of life and an Eyes wide oped view of life is more of what I want for mine! I dont think the video of Blunder's Slow ass GW :)sphss was out of control, but who am I to Judge his driving skills, I did notice though that when he was turning, he held either the seat, jacket or his daughters hair (Hope not the hair! haha).
These are just my thoughts, nope, im not a perfect parent, but every day I become a better one.
Enjoy!

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's two types of parents, those who enjoy their time with their children, and those that are constantly patching holes in the "bubble of life" that they keep their children in.
Funny thing is...as the bubble children get older, there will probably be a huge source of resentment toward that bubble! I think we all know how the end result generally turns out! (Bubbles pop!)
Every single parent here wishes no harm to any child, but, there are things in life that stand out in all of our minds that as children which has influenced/ molded us into what we do with ourselves today, I dont think a fascination with bubbles and or plastic is really what I want for my kid, the excitement of life and an Eyes wide oped view of life is more of what I want for mine! I dont think the video of Blunder's Slow ass GW :)sphss was out of control, but who am I to Judge his driving skills, I did notice though that when he was turning, he held either the seat, jacket or his daughters hair (Hope not the hair! haha).
These are just my thoughts, nope, im not a perfect parent, but every day I become a better one.
Enjoy!
Great post Todd.

I have friends that do nothing with there kids , and when they finally come out to the river with the family the kids wont even touch the river (Scared!) Thats not a life i want to teach my daughter.

Oh and yes my GW is a terd:D

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Great post Todd.

I have friends that do nothing with there kids , and when they finally come out to the river with the family the kids wont even touch the river (Scared!) Thats not a life i want to teach my daughter.

Oh and yes my GW is a terd:D

Very well put boyz ;) Seein that video made me think about the times my dad used to let me set in his lap and drive his jet when I was about that age ... I'm 36 and will never forget it :D

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Enjoy!
Respect.:)devil

·
Registered
379 Posts
Very well put boyz ;) Seein that video made me think about the times my dad used to let me set in his lap and drive his jet when I was about that age ... I'm 36 and will never forget it :D
Thats exactly what was I was thinking when I saw the vid! Dad used to take me out and let me steer. Sooo cool. Ahhh memories.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hell! I remember once up at Kings River. I must have been 8 or 9 years old...

My Dad had me cruz by the shore where we were camped. I was driving the boat, barely able to reach the gas pedal myself. He was in the passenger seat holding up his beer to his friends as I wizzed by! I was probably only going 25-30 MPH but it felt like 100!

You never forget those things!! I think it's awesome Blender!

·
The Good
483 Posts
As we get older were able to hold on vividly to less and less memories from when we were kids. Still to this day some of my favorite memories were sitting in my dads lap driving the jet boat. We didn't go on any fancy expensive vacations as kids. whenever we were asked if we wanted to go to Disneyland once or go to the lake several times in a summer we ALWAYS chose the lake. Thats why ( to those who have seen my build post) that I spent as much time, effort, and $$$ to get another jet boat together and make some new happy memories with my own kids. Lake/River kids make happy adults. ALWAYS put safety first, but fun is an easy second to achieve! My first weekend with the new boat and my boys will be in two weeks and I can't wait. Have a fun, safe summer to all. Cheers!

·
Registered
533 Posts
We're expecting our first baby in November and I can't wait to get him out on the water. My wife and I were just discussing this yesterday. She thinks that youger than 2 yrs. old is a bad idea. I say ASAP!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts