Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the paint done on the outside of hull,working on inside now. Pics to come soon. Two yrs. by myself so far restore. Engine and powerglide sitting and waiting to go in......

35525273_1871045253195315_1351774543336701952_n 74 Wesco Runner Bottom.jpg thumbnail_image Boat new paint.jpg thumbnail_image.jpg

·
Just another Wannabe
1,196 Posts
That looks really cool. You have done a great job.
The idea of a powerglide in a flat isn't real popular. It is nice, if you set it up right, to have a neutral, but most flats don't perform as well with them. The power never makes up for the added weight, etc.
But if it is just a cruiser, it would be cool to be able to jump between neutral and in gear.
Good luck with the project. It looks way cool!

And I understand the two years on one project. It isn't easy, but it is so gratifying to cruise in what you have built.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Wannabe. It is being built for a lake/river hot rod. Been doing it all myself,and is a bit of work. Got the hardware put back in this week. It should get wet the middle of next month,if all goes well....:thumb:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks really cool. You have done a great job.
The idea of a powerglide in a flat isn't real popular. It is nice, if you set it up right, to have a neutral, but most flats don't perform as well with them. The power never makes up for the added weight, etc.
But if it is just a cruiser, it would be cool to be able to jump between neutral and in gear.
Good luck with the project. It looks way cool!

And I understand the two years on one project. It isn't easy, but it is so gratifying to cruise in what you have built.
No Powerglide going in it,won't work with the whirl-a-way:duh:......I'll save it for the Rayson LP 12* no whirl-a-way. The neutral would have been nice for putting on the trailer and pulling up to the dock. Just can't see it being used just for that,but the Rayson will with no type of prop release.....:partyguy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts