Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Eliminated
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I haven't worked on my bubble deck in months due to the last incident. I had a good river weekend and came home motivated to work on the boat. I'm less than a minute into it I screw something up. I took it apart to rebuild it right but everytime I put my hands on it I'm just making things worse. I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on this jet boat till next year. Maybe I need to just drop it off somewhere and pay. Rant over.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Been there.....seems like a lack of concentration on my part....i usually roll it up and try it again the next day...

·
Eliminated
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I give up. Those of you that know me, Im not saying what I did this time...
I think the best thing will be to take the boat somewhere and have some things done as my small budget allows. Looking for some shop recommendations to have small holes in the gel coat repaired, holes in the stringers filled and glassed, maybe color sand and polish. Also need a recommendation for a Berkeley rebuild. I'll post more later but lets start with these.

·
RiverRat
162 Posts
Like the other threads have said, call CS19. He is straight foreword with pump work and he will steer you in the right direction for everything else....B1 Racing LLC. - Home - Santa Ana, CA

OK, I give up. Those of you that know me, Im not saying what I did this time...
I think the best thing will be to take the boat somewhere and have some things done as my small budget allows. Looking for some shop recommendations to have small holes in the gel coat repaired, holes in the stringers filled and glassed, maybe color sand and polish. Also need a recommendation for a Berkeley rebuild. I'll post more later but lets start with these.

·
Registered
868 Posts
GS marine is right here in norco 951 272-6060 takes care of some of the fastest boats on the river and at the race track. Also does 95% of work in house and has all kind of knowledge.

·
Banned
861 Posts
2nd GS Marine. My Dad's first CP was rigged by him in 83'. Since then we've both had stuff done by Greg. Never been disappointed with the craftsmanship, quality or value for the money spent.

Very close to you now in Norco.

Curt

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Im not saying what I did this time...
Looking for some shop recommendations to have small holes in the gel coat repaired
did you screw the boat down to the trailer???

We've all made mistakes, it's from being in a rush, you wanna get done for summer. Just relax and try again the next day.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
I filled about 14 holes with wooden dowl and resin and you cant even tell there were holes there,just trying to save u some$$$ but u do it how u wanna do it

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
It's been done before! What did that guy have 20 something holes in the bottom of his boat!:)eh:)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
With a boat it's always one step forward 3 steps back and just when you think your done, well guess again, you never are. Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts