Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started a thread a while back showing all the work I have done to my boat as I was doing it but the pictures were being hosted on a company server which has since been password protected. I wanted to share some pictures of what the boat started like and some of the few things I have done to make it my own.

carreratop.jpg
1024081947c.jpg
1024081948a.jpg
Heres the boat the first day I brought it back to the shop a few years back...picked it up for 5k. Its a 89 Carrera Eclipse with a stock Hardine Marine 454 BBC Turning a Berk JG-A.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The seats were a little dated so I decided to make my own because my mom does upholstery and I figured this would be a good way to update the boat a bit
carreraseat1.jpg carreraseat3.jpg
intpic1.jpg
sidepanelinsert.jpg
0610092043.jpg

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt want to buy a GPS speedo for a million dollars so I made a mount for my Garmin Nuvi and fabbed up a little acrylic cover and used velcro to secure it without having to drill into my dash.
carrera00013.jpg carrera00012.jpg carrera00014.jpg carrera00015.jpg carrera00003.jpg carreradash.jpg

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have since slapped on some Bassett twisties, new vavle covers, Optima Battery, Stereo system (which Im regretting now:)), New intake manifold (RPM airgap), New eddie marine stereo billet stereo cover (really nice piece of work), New gauges wtih new bezels (three of five I hooked up right:)), New Dana switch panel with white Carling switches, New Steering wheel, New throttle and all new cables. Heres where I am now:
new carrera front other side.jpg new carrera side.jpg new carrera front side.jpg new carrera dash.jpg

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks sweet!

thanks for the idea with the garmin... i never though to use that as a speedo before. time to go steal it out of the gf's mini cooper and slap it into the boat. haha.
Yeah it works great...until it doesnt hold a charge anymore like mine...My GF has one too so no need to buy another one for myself:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
How could you forget the upgrades like the custom bud light exhaust, and the electrical tape drive assist we installed on the water?!?

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Did you ever GPS this boat yet?
I would like to know what it ran, i have a buddy going to look at one this week for sale.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got it up to 62 with two dudes and two chicks and half a tank. Not bad for a mostly stock BBC

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
I got it up to 62 with two dudes and two chicks and half a tank. Not bad for a mostly stock BBC
My buddy ended up buying one last week, i was pretty impressed with it, stock 502 with log headers, AT309 pump, rideplate and tapered shoe, aluminum A, it felt like it was right around 65 or so.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My buddy ended up buying one last week, i was pretty impressed with it, stock 502 with log headers, AT309 pump, rideplate and tapered shoe, aluminum A, it felt like it was right around 65 or so.
Sounds like a better set up then mine. You got any pics?...I've always like Eclipses

1 - 20 of 40 Posts