Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big thanks to JJ (Beaver Fab) for dragging her home. That bitch is long. Gonna have to modify my shop a little to get the fat girl to fit. I had plans to make the tongue removable. When I saw it the first time at JJ's I realized it had surge brakes. Gotta rethink that plan a little. I know it can be done but it may be easier to modify my shop walls to make it fit. LOL.

(Clickable thumbs)

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Plan is to clean it up and use as is this summer. Winter will bring a more detailed once over and make it pretty. Winter 2013 will bring more power. Had plans to sell both the Rebel and the Ambassador once this one got here but the wife wants to keep the Ambassador. The Rebel will either be sold or parted out. I hate the thought of letting the Rebel go but it just rides too rough for me after the back surgery. My back is great but I am very conscious of how I treat it now. I have a feeling the new ride will make letting the Rebel go much easier.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Congrats you will love it, geeeze I guess we missed that one, they normaly get sucked out of cali up to the P.N.W

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Nice boat Matt. I think you will love the ride of the Daytona plus you can put some serious power to it.

Very nice! I have a removable tongue with the surge brakes disabled. It's 24' from the reverse bucket to the front of the sponsons (give or take a cpl inches) With the tongue in, it's 28 feet long.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Nice rig there.... You can keep the surge brakes by doing a swing-away tongue. Cut off the hard lines at the V and install tube to hose adapters. Then use braided steel flex lines (-3AN size) at the point of the bending and run them inside the box tube along with your wiring. Looks real clean that way. You can go back to hard line again if you want or just run the flex all the way to the reservoir.

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Cool, Are you going to have at Lavon this Sunday?
That is the plan. I got both trailer & boat transfered and registered today. I also replaced all the trailer lights with LEDs and they are all now working. I will get the TX numbers cut tomorrow. Still need to sort out the header water issue. Shouldn't be that hard to get that done on Saturday and then it will be ready for a test run at Lavon on Sunday.

I have a couple of weeks to sort out the tongue. I'm not sure the brakes even work. I may disable them or go the swing away route. I would prefer to have just the pump poking into the back room and not the entire ass of the boat.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I am very excited to own it. I can't wait to get the mechanicals sorted so I can start working on appearance.

·
custom member
466 Posts
That is the plan. I got both trailer & boat transfered and registered today. I also replaced all the trailer lights with LEDs and they are all now working. I will get the TX numbers cut tomorrow. Still need to sort out the header water issue. Shouldn't be that hard to get that done on Saturday and then it will be ready for a test run at Lavon on Sunday.

I have a couple of weeks to sort out the tongue. I'm not sure the brakes even work. I may disable them or go the swig away route. I would prefer to have just the pump poking into the back room and not the entire ass of the boat.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I am very excited to own it. I can't wait to get the mechanicals sorted so I can start working on appearance.
Boat looks good Matt . Now I'm really gonna have to come out so I can check it out. I'm about to take the plunge and swap from I/o to jet. It would be cool to see how it's set-up. And if you need reg numbers let me know . I'll cut them before I leave and bring them with as I'm set up with a plotter( vinyl cutting machine)

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Boat looks good Matt . Now I'm really gonna have to come out so I can check it out. I'm about to take the plunge and swap from I/o to jet. It would be cool to see how it's set-up. And if you need reg numbers let me know . I'll cut them before I leave and bring them with as I'm set up with a plotter( vinyl cutting machine)
Thanks TJ. Hopefully you can come out to the lake Wednesday night. There is usually at least 6 boats out. Some times as many as 12 or 14. One of my clients is a retail decor company. They have a vinyl dept. I will be cutting new numbers today. ;)

Thanks Outlaw. I have a feeling you are right.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts