Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Unfortunately I found Macy freaking out yesterday in the family room having a seizure in her sleep. I thought she was freaking out over birds in the back yard when I heard the ruckus but I found her on the floor flopping around like a fish out of water.

Poor thing pulls through it, we just had her second one. She's so scared she tucks under my legs after it happens and is afraid to lay down on her bed.

So what am I in for? This is going to break my heart. :(

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
I had two dogs that went through seizures. One had pancreatitis and the other had a brain tumor. The vets will suggest phenobarbitol sp? to reduce the seizures. There are a number of reasons that your dog is having them so hopefully it can be treatable and curable. Great looking dog! Good luck and keep us posted.

Tony

·
waiting sucks
981 Posts
My mothers wiem has the same issue, about every month or so. Vet has yet to figure it out... Im thinking some form of epilepsy.

·
Registered
884 Posts
My first dog had the same type of thing come out of no where.
Got her to the vet and I was told they were epileptic seizures.
The meds worked for about a month, but then the seizures came back.
Was later told by the vet, she had a brain tumor that was causing the problem.
Ended up having to do one of the hardest things, say good bye and let her go. It was hard on the family, but in the end she was in a better place.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're going to vet a 945. Poor thing just stands there and looks at me with puppy dog eye scared.

·
Other Side of River
1,235 Posts
Could be allergy reaction,nerve damage.Talk to the Vet about any possible recent event for the Dog,hitting it's head.falling etc. Sick from something the dog ate,in the past few months,help the Vet as much as you can with info.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could be allergy reaction,nerve damage.Talk to the Vet about any possible recent event for the Dog,hitting it's head.falling etc. Sick from something the dog ate,in the past few months,help the Vet as much as you can with info.

I gave her 1/2 of a benadryl Sat morning as the vet recommended for her allergies. Then this happened Sunday morning and now twice today after feeding.

I'm taking the box with me and the bug spray I use in the house.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I gave her 1/2 of a benadryl Sat morning as the vet recommended for her allergies. Then this happened Sunday morning and now twice today after feeding.

I'm taking the box with me and the bug spray I use in the house.
I hope your buddy is going to be ok...I would try the process of elimination also...lots of things could be effecting her...I hope it is a simple fix...good luck....

·
Trailer Trash Queen
1,591 Posts
Hope it turns out to be just an allergic reaction to something environmental and this is only a one time shot. Canine seizures are no fun.

Also, I hate to beat a dead horse but, what are you feeding? In some cases, dogs can become gluten intolerant just like humans and they can react in the form of a seizure. I've seen a few dogs cured from seizures by getting them off a gluten based diet.

Good luck. I wish you and you pal a quick and easy solution!

G

·
Hey guys. Unfortunately I found Macy freaking out yesterday in the family room having a seizure in her sleep. I thought she was freaking out over birds in the back yard when I heard the ruckus but I found her on the floor flopping around like a fish out of water.

Poor thing pulls through it, we just had her second one. She's so scared she tucks under my legs after it happens and is afraid to lay down on her bed.

So what am I in for? This is going to break my heart. :(

Great looking dog.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Vet determines it to something easily treatable.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
One of my Shorthairs has them vet said they cant find anything wrong.She dont have them that much anymore so lets hope theirs nothing really wrong and your dog gets better.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Corey....so sorry to hear this. I hope its just something easily treatable. My chocolate lab is the same age and it would break my heart to see her seizing.

Good luck man!!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just went thru this with my loving yellow lab. They got worse and more violent, I wont go into detail. We decided that this not going to get better and he was going thru hell each time. We decided my loving buddy would better off in heaven and thats where he is today.

I really miss him but I know he doesn't hurt anymore.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts