Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't speak for everyone but my dream boat magazine would be filled with bitchin flatties, old school river jets, classic daycruisers jet and v-drive, tons of high performance event and race coverage. I would want very little coverage on new manufacture boats and would want the focus to be more on old school traditional river and lake rods that are also in a more affordable income bracket. I would also want to see coverage of readers project boats peeking inside garages to watch these show pieces take shape while telling their personal build stories. Another dream editorial section would be on a boats history-who owned it new, where has it lived, what different engines and paint schemes have been on it. I say this cause I often wonder who has owned my boat in the past, what engines have been in it, where it was used the most. There is a story behind every scratch, every gelcoat imperfection. these are just a few of the things I would want in my dream boat magazine. What are your dream boat magazine requirements.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I can't speak for everyone but my dream boat magazine would be filled with bitchin flatties, old school river jets, classic daycruisers jet and v-drive, tons of high performance event and race coverage. I would want very little coverage on new manufacture boats and would want the focus to be more on old school traditional river and lake rods that are also in a more affordable income bracket. I would also want to see coverage of readers project boats peeking inside garages to watch these show pieces take shape while telling their personal build stories. Another dream editorial section would be on a boats history-who owned it new, where has it lived, what different engines and paint schemes have been on it. I say this cause I often wonder who has owned my boat in the past, what engines have been in it, where it was used the most. There is a story behind every scratch, every gelcoat imperfection. these are just a few of the things I would want in my dream boat magazine. What are your dream boat magazine requirements.
When is the first issue?
BTW, what happened to the Truckin water section?
I cancelled my subscription when they got rid of that section.

Brent

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just curious -- how much would you be willing to pay for a subscription -- let's say a bi-monthly, six times a year. $25 -- $40 -- $60 -- $80? Ad revenue for such a product would be pretty scarce. Putting out a quality print magazine plus the mailing/postage costs isn't cheap.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Awesome idea! Add some interviews of some of these legends that have likely forgotten more than we'll ever know (where are you Harlan?) and I'd gladly pay 60 or 80 bucks a year.
Also, to bring some other advertisers in, maybe consider a outboard section (go fast only info only. No fishing stuff).
Don't hate me, its just that some of these small OB powered tunnels around here haul ass and the guys tune and modify these things as much as we do with our boats.
FWIW...........john

·
3,246 Posts
Awesome idea! Add some interviews of some of these legends that have likely forgotten more than we'll ever know (where are you Harlan?) and I'd gladly pay 60 or 80 bucks a year.
Also, to bring some other advertisers in, maybe consider a outboard section (go fast only info only. No fishing stuff).
Don't hate me, its just that some of these small OB powered tunnels around here haul ass and the guys tune and modify these things as much as we do with our boats.
FWIW...........john
I knew this thread would GAY up fast:|err:D

Now all we need is "SANTA" in here for the december christmas issue

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I knew this thread would GAY up fast:|err:D

Now all we need is "SANTA" in here for the december christmas issue
I heard theat he did the honorable thing and burned the Christmas outfit.

He would probabaly go for a totally nude centerfold I'm sure..

MAybe could do the magazine on line?.. It would be cheaper to produce..

·
Brendella 2" Runner NoS
201 Posts
Couldn't agree more!~

YES! A mag dedicated to all of this. Home built, hot rooder rigs, Cracker boxes with blown hemis, old school draggers with interviews of the guys that raced in the 50, 60s, and 70s. hell yes!!! The problem with not capturing the stories and anecdotes from the past racers and rodders is the knowledge evaporates. One thing I liked about Bass Lake show this year is the old school guys were there and they were more than happy to share knowledge and history - I learned so much from these guys. A mag that can capture some of this.
Great thread!

·
Short and stout
230 Posts
Mag

I know that I would pay the money for such a mag. I hate buying a mag that you only want to look at about 5 out god knows how many pages. The rest of the off shore stuff along with the new boat test I personally could care less about.:)sphss My 2cents :)devil

·
Registered
413 Posts
I really dont care if it's new or old. I want to see real hot rods. It can be a 2009 32' Schiada w/ twin Blown BBC's.

If it's open bow, it's out.
If there is more $$$ in the stereo than the motor, it's out (If it has a stereo it's out?).
If it's a museum piece that never gets used, I really dont care, and wont read about it.
Pretty paint is of little to no importance.

I'd rather see a Bayliner w/ a Twin turbo BBC and a #6 drive than a DCB w/ HP500's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts