Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Jet Guys & Jet Gals,

New to PB... HB..RIP, brys camera 258.jpg

Just checkin the water. I got my dirty fingers on A…78 Sundance. She has so much potential and I would greatly appreciate your input on what to do to clean her up and make her right. It’s a mild BBC with a touch of metal flake. I love what she does for me, and hope I could do somthin’ for her. All your knowledge is welcome and respected ( Pics, Stories etc. I would like to know who built Sundance boats, ( I am just a kid who respects his elders and appreciates the work that went into building boats, cars, planes, any f..in thing other than a wellfair check.) I hope you under stand. Thanks.

·
AIR POWER
157 Posts
It looks like it has swivel seats.

Hi Jet Guys & Jet Gals,

New to PB... HB..RIP, View attachment 42088

Just checkin the water. I got my dirty fingers on A…78 Sundance. She has so much potential and I would greatly appreciate your input on what to do to clean her up and make her right. It’s a mild BBC with a touch of metal flake. I love what she does for me, and hope I could do somthin’ for her. All your knowledge is welcome and respected ( Pics, Stories etc. I would like to know who built Sundance boats, ( I am just a kid who respects his elders and appreciates the work that went into building boats, cars, planes, any f..in thing other than a wellfair check.) I hope you under stand. Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TAPPED OUT

It looks like it has swivel seats.

just the passenger, thinkin a spotter? (only know the cut, copy paste.)

·
Just Me
4,059 Posts
The spotter in a racing or compitition ski boat usually faces the rear. Hopefully that seat locks facing front or back. Not sure I'd want that seat to be swiveling while I'm boating. It is a nice looking Boat. Welcome aboard:)hand

·
Registered
987 Posts
welcome aboard...ist normal for newbie's to show naked pics of your wife or girlfriend...LOL...JUST JOKING!:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took her down to visit some friends in Paso/ Lake Naci and I found I had a hole in a freeze plug (of course it has to be located behind the front motor mount):)sphss Had to scoop a little water out but other than that she is a whole lot of fun. Going to try and replace the plug this week and maybe take her out to Folsom on Sunday. How is the level out there?

Nice ride! Nice flag too. Now let's go get it wet. :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Took her down to visit some friends in Paso/ Lake Naci and I found I had a hole in a freeze plug (of course it has to be located behind the front motor mount):)sphss Had to scoop a little water out but other than that she is a whole lot of fun. Going to try and replace the plug this week and maybe take her out to Folsom on Sunday. How is the level out there?

Nice ride! Nice flag too. Now let's go get it wet. :D

How was Nca? Is it as low as San Antonio? I am kind new with the jets as well. i found one of the best things to do first is get a new bilage pump, one with a float. Double check your hoses, I learned that the hard way. Good thing about jets is the motors are easy to deal with. A guy that can tell you about the different designers of hulls is Tom at JBP. You will get some info from this thread. I learned a lot about Bahners, thats what I have.
Congrats on the new toy!!!:)devil

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NACI is way low 28-23%. Its sad to see the lake that low. I heard San Antonio is low as well but they have a leach problem?... We have a little bit of water left up north but it sure is sad seeing it flow down the rivers so fast:mad:.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
welcome to the circus, fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride, nice ride..also we do need to see pics of the girls or girl...:D

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the same year and make of hull as you.... here is some info on who made them and how:

The 18' 6"Sundance bubble deck started production in about 1975. The boat was 90% hand laid fiberglass with 6 foot stringers and a keel board. Not a light boat but very well made. I would guess about 4-500 produced. Later models used a I/O drive instead of a jet drive. Molds were based on a southwind bottom and eliminator deck. Larson racing used one with an outboard in the mid seventy's. The mold for the boat is the only one saved when sundance closed in 87 or 88. A guy by the name of Bob Bragg was plant manager until 1984. He picked up the HIN numbers and some molds when Sundance filed bankruptcy in 1988. Bob now runs Braggs marine http://www.braggsmarine.com/index.html

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow!!! Thanks for the info Rain Maker.:)devil The ride is very nice, she gets right up on plane and does very well in rough water. I dont have a speedo or GPS, so I do not know how fast she scoots. The craftsmanship of the boat and the trailer is very clean. You can tell the people who built boats in this era had pride and skill.

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
Hi Jet Guys & Jet Gals,

New to PB... HB..RIP, View attachment 42088

:)devil
This Kid is going to do just fine.........

1 - 20 of 121 Posts