Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The HMFIC
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i am writing on behalf of my friend who has a 79 glastron cvx 20 powered by a ford 460 built by him and a berkley (he think an EJ sumtin sumtin) with diverter. at the end of the season he is taking out the motor to refresh it and need some suggestions on places he can take his pump to be gone thru and rebuilt if nessecary. we are in fontana and are looking for a reputable and fair place that can go thru his shizz while he has the motor out. or should this be done with the motor in???? any suggestions?????

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,625 Posts
IF it's an E pump, you are not taking the pump out I hope.

It is epoxied to the shaped fibreglass intake portion of the hull (The E, F, and current production "I" pumps are this way, I have an "F")
Just best to leave the suction housing be and deliver the entire hull.

·
Premium Member
7,314 Posts

It is epoxied to the shaped fibreglass intake portion of the hull (The E, F, and current production "I" pumps are this way, I have an "F")
This is correct info above , so maybe while the motors out "freshen the jet (in the hull yourselves" ) its relatively simple Tom

·
Registered
301 Posts

Smokin, you need to remove the "I" pump from your list - that bolts to the typical intake, not an insert. See link.

http://www.berkeleyjet.com/new_pumps.aspx

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.