Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So check this out. On thursday April 3rd, my grandfather will be turning 100 years old. We have arranged with the Guiness Book for him to set a world record. He will be driving a car at 100 mph along with a boat at 100 mph on his 100th birthday. Should be pretty cool.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,968 Posts
So check this out. On thursday April 3rd, my grandfather will be turning 100 years old. We have arranged with the Guiness Book for him to set a world record. He will be driving a car at 100 mph along with a boat at 100 mph on his 100th birthday. Should be pretty cool.
"COOL" Happy Birthday & Congrats to Gramps

·
Banned
49 Posts
Where and when is this going to take place??? I would love to cheer him on....and stay off the roads and waterways that day.:D

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where and when is this going to take place??? I would love to cheer him on....and stay off the roads and waterways that day.:D
The car part is at an undisclosed location for obvious reasons. The boating will be taking place on the San Jauquin river. We will be leaving Discovery Bay Marina aroud 8:30 or so.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Great article on Ch. 7 News. Congrats to Grandpa. Happy 100th and many happy returns.

·
Northern CA DCB Sales
1,230 Posts
Cool! I saw the news crew in the Steak House parking lot this morning. Looks like the weather will be perfect.

·
Mega user
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And the weather was perfect. I wore my DLB t-shirt but not sure if I got in any shots. Lots of coverage though. channels 2, 4, & 7. A couple of newspapers, and Todd Taylor from Performance Boats. We should have lots of video footage. Todd Taylor & Gary Meeker from Jokers Wild Productions set up the car and boat with lots of cameras. 4 in the car and 3 or 4 in the boat. So the boat belonged to a Discovery Bay local by the name of Ed Stewart. A beautiful 36' Skater with 2 565" engines that were topped off with 10-71 blowers. The car was a Lexus LS430. Gramps was able to pull off 105 in the car and 130.4 in the boat. Not bad at 100 years old. An amazing day.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts