Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn the power on the speedometer cycles to 120 from 0 then back to zero, which is normal I believe, but then goes back to 88 immedietly then down to 54 and stays there. Anyone ever have this prob? First chance I get I'll stop by Teague but I'm just asking. Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
848 Posts
When I turn the power on the speedometer cycles to 120 from 0 then back to zero, which is normal I believe, but then goes back to 88 immedietly then down to 54 and stays there. Anyone ever have this prob? First chance I get I'll stop by Teague but I'm just asking. Thanks in advance:)
Had the same problem with my Gaffrig. Sounds like the sensor is not snding the correct signal. I had to buy the "hocky puck" assembly and now works fine. Cost approx $200.00. My $.02

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
Just had this problem last weekend at the lake. The GPS speedo said I was going 30, then went down to 24 and stuck there all day. Even with the HO, my boat goes faster than 30 when I drive :) I'm never had a speedo issue before Sunday with nearly 300 engine hours.

Roln 20s

·
AKA DrewDown
620 Posts
Hocky puck has a battery in it. When your speedo is stuck at 9 o'clock that is a signal that your battery is dead. Send it in to lavorsi and they will replace the battery for around $80.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I have this same problem with my livorsi. Brand new GPS Speedo and a brand new battery.

·
6,873 Posts
I have been thru 3 of them and going on 4. Cant not figure out the problem.
Atleast mine sticks on 118, Damn my boat hauls ass

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I will call Tom and pick his brain. So what is the deal? Livorsi can only open the white puck and replace the battery? Thanks again. Cale:)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I agree 100% - Why not just power it from the boat??? stupid
This is partially the reason I went with an older style Garmin receiver for mine. The older Garmin is also able to pick up the signal mounted under the deck better. Plus it was dirt cheap on ebay ;)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update. I know it's been awhile but. I had to send the guage to Livorsi where they reconfigured the back to work with the new 12 volt antena. Bought the new antena with a trade in of my old battery operated one. All is installed and working perfectly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts