Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My house has about an 8600 squarefoot lot my neighbor cemented in most of his back yard and sloped it towards my yard to make it easy to hose off!!!:mad::mad: Then he cemented over the drainage put in by the builder because he didn't like the way that they looked. Then he planted a garden down the entire fenceline that we share and he waters constantly. Every time it would rain my drains would not handle all of the water and my yard would flood. To try and remedy the problem before he rinsed away the slope between are houses I built a 2 foot high split face block planter down the peoperty line with a 3 foot foundation. I put a cement pad along the side of it. He waters so much that his water seeps through my first row of split faced block then a foot of dirt then the second row of block and it is now eroding the wall and leaves a puddle of standing water on my cement along the wall and is staining my cement. It is so much water it grows moss all over it and leaves a black stain. Then he planted these pepper trees that drop hot peppers all over my yard that my 2 year old tries to pick up and eat. So I bitch at him he doesn't care I show him the damage he says it's my problem to drain his water. I contacted the city they say it's a civil issue. I contact the association they say it's a neighbor to neighbor issue.

To top it off yesterday I get a call from my other neighbor that says theres a guy from animal control at my house. POS neighbor called them because when he gets down at the fence line and digs in his garden all day my boxer barks and jumps at the fence and it's disturbing him.

I think I am going to get the strongest round up that I can and go out every night for the next 3 weeks and spray it all over his garden and watch it die!!!!:(:(

Sorry for the long rant :)hand

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Sounds like you need to talk to someone higher up in the city than the receptionist.

Any project we have ever built requires on-site retention of all waters or a positive drainage plan into a storm drain system to remove water from one's property.

·
Senior Moment Member
478 Posts
My house has about an 8600 squarefoot lot my neighbor cemented in most of his back yard and sloped it towards my yard to make it easy to hose off!!!:mad::mad: Then he cemented over the drainage put in by the builder because he didn't like the way that they looked. Then he planted a garden down the entire fenceline that we share and he waters constantly. Every time it would rain my drains would not handle all of the water and my yard would flood. To try and remedy the problem before he rinsed away the slope between are houses I built a 2 foot high split face block planter down the peoperty line with a 3 foot foundation. I put a cement pad along the side of it. He waters so much that his water seeps through my first row of split faced block then a foot of dirt then the second row of block and it is now eroding the wall and leaves a puddle of standing water on my cement along the wall and is staining my cement. It is so much water it grows moss all over it and leaves a black stain. Then he planted these pepper trees that drop hot peppers all over my yard that my 2 year old tries to pick up and eat. So I bitch at him he doesn't care I show him the damage he says it's my problem to drain his water. I contacted the city they say it's a civil issue. I contact the association they say it's a neighbor to neighbor issue.

To top it off yesterday I get a call from my other neighbor that says theres a guy from animal control at my house. POS neighbor called them because when he gets down at the fence line and digs in his garden all day my boxer barks and jumps at the fence and it's disturbing him.

I think I am going to get the strongest round up that I can and go out every night for the next 3 weeks and spray it all over his garden and watch it die!!!!:(:(

Find out from the city if he got a permit to put the concrete in his back yard. If he did, then call the building dept and find out why they allowed him to slope the slab towards your property and not utilize his drains. If I recall all drainage has to slope to the front towards the street or the back depending on the way the lot is layed out. If the water is eroding the slope between your properties it will become a building and safety issue anyway.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you need to talk to someone higher up in the city than the receptionist.

Any project we have ever built requires on-site retention of all waters or a positive drainage plan into a storm drain system to remove water from one's property.
I have spoken to the mayor, council members, code enforcement, the city manager etc. etc. The problem is that the house was properly draining when it was built and past all of the inspections. It is a sloping street but his neighbor on the other side soesn't drain on him and I don't drain to the next neighbors yard so the problem is the changes he made which then become a neighbor to neighbor issue.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Sounds like you going to need to take a bunch of pictures and take him to small claims court.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like you going to need to take a bunch of pictures and take him to small claims court.
I am going to take some pictures, (I'll post some here) but the problem with small claims court is that I will get a small amount of money and he won't stop. I am thinking I need to get an attorney but that makes it uncomfortable to live next to someone. :confused:

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I am going to take some pictures, (I'll post some here) but the problem with small claims court is that I will get a small amount of money and he won't stop. I am thinking I need to get an attorney but that makes it uncomfortable to live next to someone. :confused:
Isn't Small Claims up to (like) $7,500..?? That's no small change...:|err

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I used to work for Associations and they are only saying it's a neighbor to neighbor issue as their way of saying it's not an Assocation issue.

Everyone's right. It would HAVE to be permitted and if it was, then the City can be help liable to a degree. Requiring him to have it fixed might be a degree.

We know someone here in Vegas who is having quite the pissing match with a neighbor. The neighbor even went so far as to cut down the trees on our friends property and he's got it all on camera. Funny stories for sure, but I would not want to be in that situation ever.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts

Yea what he said

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
The changes he made was a concrete slab which should have been permitted. You can get the information from the city bldg dept if he actually pulled a permit on the slab. It is public record

I don't think flat work needs a permit. The drainage mentioned in the other posts is a different issue though.

·
GO CELTICS
2,083 Posts

Call the Sheriff for civil and get some round up write a nasty message in his lawn he wont forget it haha

1 - 20 of 70 Posts