Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says this is my boat. Got it about a week ago, for what I considered a good price. I picked it up one my way home from vegas, just took the cali tags off and on with the tx's ones. I drung the boat home about 1300 miles give or take.
It is a 1976 eliminator bubble deck.. I think :p JG pump dont really know much about the motor which worried me, but it acutally gave me leverage when bargining the previous owner down. Ive had it out 2 times since then, ran strong except a float sticking in the carb. It has a push button start which i would like to change out this winter. It seems like a good solid boat. There are a few cracks in the gel coat, the bottom of the hull looks a little rough, and the gas tanks mounted in the rear looks weird to me. You can tell where they were preiosly in the hull and there was a half ars patch job thats cracking now.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! it def no gem, but all it needs is a little TLC. Any idea if this is a delta or keel? I dont know how to tell. What about top speed? has a 850 double pumper, and mild cam. Nothing to fancy, but it does its job when it comes to getting the girls :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
The lines on that boat are super similar to my 78 nordic bubble deck, i wonder how much difference there really is between the nordic and eliminator hulls?

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lines on that boat are super similar to my 78 nordic bubble deck, i wonder how much difference there really is between the nordic and eliminator hulls?
No clue man, Im new to the world of boating..

Ya idk bout the header being that close. They are pretty cool when its running. The plumbing to my headers is kind weird. It has a solenoid valve connected to a switch on the dash. The soleniod feeds the headers when switch is on, but i was told not to turn it on uless the boat is running faster than idle.

·
Registered
988 Posts
No clue man, Im new to the world of boating..

Ya idk bout the header being that close. They are pretty cool when its running. The plumbing to my headers is kind weird. It has a solenoid valve connected to a switch on the dash. The soleniod feeds the headers when switch is on, but i was told not to turn it on uless the boat is running faster than idle.
Im Pretty Sure It Has A 427 But Ive Never Looked At The Numbers. Just What I Was Told. The Tanks Are Too Big To Fit Under The Sides. I Remember My Friend Rigged That Electric Sprinkler Valve For The Header Water. Pretty Good Idea. Never Turn The Header Water On Unless Your Driving Around. Kill It Before You Let Off The Gas. Its A Pretty Light Boat And Ran Pretty Strong. Looks Like Someone Replaced The Front Seats Since Ive Seen It Last.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Cool boat....
That header looks VERy close to the tank....

I thought that too......then went back to look at the pic and got VERY worried about re-fueling this boat.

I'd make DAMN sure that the header was COMPLETELY cool prior to re-fueling or not fueling at all until the next morning.

That looks like an explosion waiting to happen............

BE CAREFUL!

CC

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im Pretty Sure It Has A 427 But Ive Never Looked At The Numbers. Just What I Was Told. The Tanks Are Too Big To Fit Under The Sides. I Remember My Friend Rigged That Electric Sprinkler Valve For The Header Water. Pretty Good Idea. Never Turn The Header Water On Unless Your Driving Around. Kill It Before You Let Off The Gas. Its A Pretty Light Boat And Ran Pretty Strong. Looks Like Someone Replaced The Front Seats Since Ive Seen It Last.
It is a 427 :mad: The sprinker system isnt working, it wont shut off. Not all the way atleast.. Think im going to replace it with just a ball valve, or just replace the solenoid.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sweet Deal!

Just curious though, and not to thread jack, but how many versions of the Eliminator Bubble Deck were there? I noticed that the rear of this boat, where the top of the transom flows into the engine bay (help with terminology please), has a raised lip instead of the smooth transition as shown on the boat below where it says "Cool Your Jets" under the splash shield.

Just wondering is all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet Deal!

Just curious though, and not to thread jack, but how many versions of the Eliminator Bubble Deck were there? I noticed that the rear of this boat, where the top of the transom flows into the engine bay (help with terminology please), has a raised lip instead of the smooth transition as shown on the boat below where it says "Cool Your Jets" under the splash shield.

Just wondering is all.
I think just one, im sure they were tweaked over the years though.. What year is the one pictured?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts